Appearing in "Outside the Gates Waits... Death!"Edit
- Inferno Isle
- the Projector Ray
Synopsis for "Outside the Gates Waits... Death!"Edit
Continued from last issue....
Enraged by his defeat at the hands of Byrrah, Namor fumes until some palace guards arrive and inform him that he has been placed under arrest. An ionic force field stops him dead in his tracks and he is brought as prisoner to the new Prince of Atlantis, who is joined in council by Krang and Attuma. Namor is sentenced to Inferno Isle, where he has no chance of survival, and transported there via missile. Once on the island, Namor takes a moment to regain his senses but a creature of fire emerges from the island's volcano and attacks him.
Meanwhile, back at Atlantis, Lady Dorma enters Byrrah's laboratory and discovers he has used a hypno-beam to turn the people against Namor. She spreads the beam across the land and reverses the damage it has caused in the people's minds. In the throne room, when Krang and Attuma discover that Byrrah has lost the support of the people, they mock him and take their leave.
Back at the battle, Namor tricks the creature into following him into the sea, where a chemical reaction changes it into inanimate lava. He hurries back to Atlantis, where Attuma and Krang had set their weapons up to destroy the city (in case Byrrah's plan failed). He stops the machines before they can complete their destruction, then he is told by Vashti and Dorma how Byrrah had defeated him.
Appearing in "Whomsoever Harms the Hulk...!"Edit
- Gamma electrodes
- Infinite Weapon
Synopsis for "Whomsoever Harms the Hulk...!"Edit
General Ross has the Hulk revived after his defeat at the hands of the Abomination. When the Hulk tries to leave, not wanting anything to do with the situation, Rick Jones talks some sense into Hulk. It works and the Hulk changes back into Bruce Banner.
Banner uses a device to pull the Abomination back to Gamma Base. Transforming back into the Hulk, Banner battles the Abomination. This time, the Hulk gains the upper hand. Realizing that the Abomination is the ally he seeks, the Stranger teleports the Abomination away. After the battle everyone wonders what to do with the Hulk, however the Hulk has other ideas: He wants to be left alone, and so he leaves.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Super-Heroes #46.
- "Whomsoever Harms the Hulk...!" is reprinted in Incredible Hulk Megazine #1 and in Bring on the Bad Guys
- This issue is reprinted in the comics and books, see references for more info.
- Attuma previously appeared in issue 89 and will appear next in Sub-Mariner 4.
- No trivia.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Sub-Mariner image gallery
- Sub-Mariner chronology page
- Sub-Mariner quotes page
- Abomination chronology page
- Betty Ross chronology page
- Dorma chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- Glenn Talbot chronology page
- Rick Jones chronology page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales to Astonish Vol 1 91 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales to Astonish series
- Images from Tales to Astonish Vol 1 91
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
- Sub-Mariner article at Wikipedia
- Sub-Mariner article at Toonopedia
- Sub-Mariner biography page at the Marvel Directory
- Sub-Mariner page at Ahoy Mates
|Like this? Let us know!|