Appearing in "No One Escapes the Mandarin!"Edit
- JFK Airport
- Stark Industries
- People's Republic of China
- Washington DC
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Iron Man's Briefcase
- Makluan Power Rings
- Stark Industries' Observer Missile
- The Mandarin's Interceptor Ray (First appearance)
Synopsis for "No One Escapes the Mandarin!"Edit
Prisoner of the Mandarin, Iron Man is about to be destroyed when Iron Man tells the Mandarin that Tony Stark is still outside somewhere. While the Mandarin looks for Stark (not aware that Stark and Iron Man are the same person) Iron Man breaks free and recharges his power supply.
Iron Man foils the Mandarin's plot to collect missiles which the Mandarin has stolen, and destroying the device before riding one of the stolen US missiles back to the States as Tony Stark where he has a date with Pepper Potts.
Appearing in "All About Iron Man!"Edit
Synopsis for "All About Iron Man!"Edit
A special feature which explains the technology and features of Iron Man's MK III armor. It is followed up by a pin-up of Pepper Potts.
Appearing in "The Atomizer"Edit
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Atomizer"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Sun-Stealer!"Edit
- Guna (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Sun-Stealer!"Edit
The Watcher is watching is his favorite planet, Earth, when he is startled by a spaceship suddenly landing near his observatory. The spaceship was piloted by an alien known as Xakku who begs for the Watcher's help in fixing his craft, but the Watcher informs him that he is forbidden to interfere in anything. Xakku then reveals that the spaceship is still in perfect order, and he had only asked for the Watcher's help as a test, to see if the rumors are true that the Watcher can never help anyone. He tells the Watcher about his home planet, where the sun is dying out, and scientists have invented a machine that will allow them to steal another sun from a different solar system. The Watcher knows that if Xakku steals his sun, it will destroy the solar system which includes the planet Earth. He asks Xakku several questions about his planet and the machine, and by the time that Xakku realizes the Watcher is merely stalling for time, his spaceship has fallen too deep into a pool of quicksand that he had landed on, foiling Xakku's plan and saving Earth. Now Xakku begins to beg the Watcher for help once again, and once again the Watcher turns away.
- Sequence II features a special bonus featurette "All About Iron Man", including a detailed description of his armor. This features the first appearance of Iron Man's armor with Belt Pods. Page 5 of this bonus section is a pin-up of Pepper Potts.
- Sequence III is a one page text story: "The Atomizer". It is concluded in Tales of Suspense 56 as "Pouf".
- Sequence IV is "The Watcher", Job #X-654
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of Suspense Vol 1 55 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales of Suspense series
- The Mandarin last appeared in Tales of Suspense #54 (Last Issue); He appears next in Tales of Suspense #61.
- These events are re-imagined in Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin Vol 1.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|