Switchback was one of many refugees, escaping from Apocalypse's rule to Avalon. Her boyfriend Gary and her companions all died during the journey and Switchback was the only one to reach Avalon alive. When Avalon was attacked, she joined Nightcrawler, Mystique and Damask, would fight the Shadow King to save Avalon. Switchback's powers to manipulate time were combined with Nightcrawler's teleportation and Damask's psionic skinning to defeat the Shadow King on the astral plane.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Switchback has the power to manipulate the last ten seconds of her personal timeline: she can replace herself with a younger version while retaining the memories of her older self. This time-shift is obvious to observers, as it also physically moves her body. This ability has allowed her to escape telepathic possession by the Shadow King, by shifting herself through time as soon as he attempted to control her.
In X-Calibre's subsequent battle with the Shadow King, Switchback found another use for her powers, successfully combining them with Nightcrawler's teleportation. Pushing her abilities to the limit she can expand her time field to cover several people, extending the teleport transition-time and allowing them to act and attack while still in transit through subspace.
- Switchback initially appeared during the Age of Apocalypse story arc. Although many Age of Apocalypse characters were alternate versions of existing heroes and villains, Switchback does not appear to have an Earth-616 counterpart as of yet.
- 4 Appearances of Switchback (Earth-295)
- 8 Images featuring Switchback (Earth-295)
- Quotations by or about Switchback (Earth-295)
- Character Gallery: Switchback (Earth-295)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Switchback (Earth-295)
- Switchback (comics) at Wikipedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|