- There is only one mission now. One goal. What I do now, I do in the memory of the only man I ever loved... Otto Octavius. I'm doing this for you, dearest. In your name I swear vengeance... on this so-called Superior Spider-Man!
Appearing in "Still Standing"Edit
- Spider-Man (Otto Octavius / "Peter Parker") (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Black Cat (Felicia Hardy)
- Parker Industries (First appearance)
- Aunt May (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Jay Jameson (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Wraith (Yuri Watanabe)
- Officer Carlie Cooper
- Mary Jane Watson
- Stunner (Angelina Brancale) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Doc Ock (Peter Parker / "Otto Octavius") (Only in flashback)
- J. Jonah Jameson (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Don Lamaze
- Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)
- Glory Grant
- Sha Shan
- Doctor Mondrian
- Dr. Hoyle (Mentioned)
- Jane Doe
- Ms. Nguyen
- Pedro Olivera
- Jake (Ollie's dog)
- Dean Goldman
- New York City
- Avenue B
Synopsis for "Still Standing"Edit
Several months ago, mere moments after Doctor Octopus died in his final battle against Spider-Man, a person awakens from a coma, asking for Otto Octavius, only to scream in despair after hearing the news about his death. Before that, Julia Carpenter was suddenly giving vague warnings that all the Spiders will die. In the present day, Otto swings in his patrol, heading for another date with his girlfriend, Anna Maria Marconi, only to bump into the Black Cat, who was committing a robbery. Felicia attempts to flirt, but suddenly Otto attacks her, punching her straight into her face, taking out a tooth in the process. Otto continues the assault, reminiscing about how he once tried to kill her but now he's just apprehending her as a criminal, leaving Felicia totally shocked and angry, swearing revenge after Otto wraps her in webbing.
Otto arrives to Anna Maria's apartment for their date, taking her to the roof where he set up a picnic over a new and improved spider-web, talking to her about how he must keep improving with his life and now the time has come to do it, proposing to her a business partnership with his own company: Parker Industries. The next morning, May and Jonah Sr. talk about this news while waiting for her therapy for her leg after Sha Shan's patient, who is the person that woke from the coma months earlier, leaves and claims to be ready and better. Hours later, May, Jonah Sr, Sajani and Otto sign the paperwork to start the new endeavor.
Meanwhile, Carlie talks to Detective Watanabe, claiming that she now holds enough evidence to bring down "Spider-Man", ready to show this new evidence straight to the Avengers, while thanking her. Afterwards, she calls Mary Jane, leaving a voicemail warning her to stay away from "Peter" and warn the others. Mary Jane heads into the Fire Station, ready to ask for a date with Pedro Olivera, the firefighter who saved her when her nightclub burned down, only to bump with his dog, but still manages to get a date with him.
At E.S.U., Otto is ready to present his thesis and earn his doctorate, revealing his new nano-technology to manipulate internal and external mechanical appendages by brainwaves, leaving the deans impressed, except Professor Lamaze who stands up and confronts "Peter", revealing that his work is plagiarized, since he knows that the basic theories and mechanisms are the work of Otto Octavius, leaving him completely in shock for this mistake. Lamaze swears that "Peter's" chances for a doctorate are over while Otto promises that he must end Lamaze if he wants to regain success.
At Avenue B., the person who woke from the coma enters a back alley, where a secret laboratory lies inactive, revealing that the person is Angelina Brancale, a former assistant and lover to Doctor Octopus, swearing revenge against Spider-Man for his death.
- No special notes.
- • From the fallout of NECESSARY EVIL, comes new beginnings and new twists that will be felt in the pages of Spider-Man for years to come! SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #20 is where it all starts! Do NOT miss this one!
• It’s the first ever adventure for the Superior Spider-Man and the Black Cat. Felicia Hardy always cared for the Spider more than the man. But what happens when that man is Otto Octavius?
• Plus: A day Otto has been waiting for is finally here. Is the world ready for “Dr. Peter Parker”... and what he plans to do next?
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|