Appearing in "The Human Torch Vs. the Wizard and Paste-Pot Pete!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
- Skelly (Prison Guard)
- Wayne (Johnny's classmate)
- Cyrus Cartwright (Impersonated by the Human Torch)
Synopsis for "The Human Torch Vs. the Wizard and Paste-Pot Pete!"Edit
After a training session the Human Torch goes over his scrap book of past adventures, and recalls his previous battles against the Wizard and Paste Pot Pete, wondering what his old foes are up to today. Coincidentally enough, at that very moment Paste Pot Pete is busy breaking the Wizard out of prison so that the two may conspire on how to defeat their mutual foe.
Using the Wizard's suit that mimics the Human Torch's powers, the two begin to commit crimes that would case the press to accuse the Human Torch of being a spy. However, when the Torch sets a trap to lure the two crooks to try and rob one of the worlds richest men, the Torch himself gets captured and placed into a giant hall of mirrors by his foes. The Torch however uses his flame powers to break free and manages to capture the two crooks and turn them over to the police.
Appearing in "We Search the Stars!"Edit
- Sir Edward Ramsay
- Other scientists
- Ramsay's crew
- Another human-like species from Solar Sector X3B
- Solar Sector X3B
- Unnamed spaceship
Synopsis for "We Search the Stars!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Dr. Strange Master of Black Magic!"Edit
- Dr. Strange (First appearance)
- Ancient One (First appearance as The Ancient One)
- Wong (First appearance) (not named)
- Unnamed Customer
- "Mr. Crang"(First appearance) (Vision haunting Dr. Strange's customer)
- United States of America
- Ancient One's temple (First appearance)
- Dimension of Dreams (First appearance)
- Eye of Agamotto (unnamed)
Synopsis for "Dr. Strange Master of Black Magic!"Edit
A man tormented by nightmares comes to Dr. Strange to seek aid. Dr. Strange promises to help. He travels in spirit form to his old master who lives in a remote mountain temple in Asia. The master tells Strange to depend on his magic amulet if danger threatens. Back in his mortal form Strange visits the man he has promised to help. When the man falls asleep Dr. Strange enters his dream in spiritual form. Inside the dream Strange is met by a figure bound in chains who presents himself as Mr. Crang. Then another form appears, Nightmare, Strange's ancient foe. Meanwhile the dreaming man awakes. He realizes the dreams are caused by all men he has ruined. He grabs a gun to shoot Dr. Strange who is kept from reuniting with his mortal form by Nightmare. Dr. Strange uses his amulet to call upon his master who places a hypnotic spell on the man. Dr. Strange slips out of the dream dimension to grab the gun before removing the hypnotic spell. The man confesses his crimes.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 110 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Strange Tales series
- Images from Strange Tales Vol 1 110
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Origins of Marvel Comics
- Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts
- Marvel Collectors' Item Classics Vol 1 3
- Marvel Tales Vol 2 134
- Marvel Masterworks: Dr Strange Vol 1
- Essential Series Vol 1 Doctor Strange 1
- Marvel Milestone Edition: Doctor Strange
- Marvel's Mightiest Heroes: Doctor Strange
|Like this? Let us know!|