|Real Name||Stakar Ogord|
|Aliases||Stakar of the House of Ogord, One Who Knows, Hadji, Stakar Vaughn|
|Relatives||Dr. Gilbert Vaughn (alleged paternal grandfather/deceased)|
Lisa Vaughn (alleged paternal grandmother/deceased)
Wendell Elvis Vaughn (alleged father/deceased)
Kismet (alleged mother)
Aleta of the House of Ogord (adoptive sister/ex-wife)
Ogord (adoptive father/ex-father-in-law)
Salaan (adoptive mother/ex-mother-in-law/presumably deceased)
Adam Warlock (biological maternal "uncle"), Gail Vaughn (paternal aunt)
|Affiliation||Guardians of the Galaxy; Formerly Reavers of Arcturus, Defenders (honorary), Avengers (honorary)|
|Base Of Operations||Starship Captain America II; formerly Arcturus IV, asteroid base|
|Occupation||Tool of the Hawk God|
|Education||Unrevealed, includes vast accumulated knowledge from centuries of study and having relived countless variations on his own life through a series of time loops|
|Origin||Half Human/half artificial human empowered by the Hawk God|
|Place of Birth||Vesper|
|Creators||Steve Gerber, Sal Buscema|
- I am the wisdom and the glory of your ancestors. I am the light and the giver of light. I am your heritage and your destiny! I am the POWER that was Arcturus!
- -- Starhawk src
When Earth-691 was attacked during the War of the Worlds in June 2001, the superhero Quasar rescued Kismet, pregnant with his child, and brought her to the monastery planet Vesper. Quasar was killed on his way back to Earth. As soon as Kismet gave birth, her son was kidnapped by the evil creature Era and deposited on Arcturus IV. He was found by Ogord of the Reavers, who raised him as his own and named him Stakar. At some point in his life, Stakar's adult mind was sent back in time and possessed his infant self. This cycle repeated many times, causing Stakar to live his life over and over.
Stakar grew up on Arcturus IV. He was a pacifist, and a great disappointment to his adoptive family. He took an interest in archaeology.
Due to an accident, he was merged with Aleta Ogord and became Starhawk. They fled Ogord, married and had children. After they were remerged, Stakar left their home and joined the Guardians of the Galaxy, helping to drive the Badoon off Earth. When the Guardians found themselves unable to fit into postwar civilian life, Starhawk led them on a mission to explore space. During this time, he and Aleta fought for control of their common body, as she was trying to get him to return to their children who were in danger.
Even as he kept making changes to his life, his memories seemed to change. Although he enjoyed being part of the Guardians, he seemed to only be concerned with himself. He forcibly re-merged with Aleta to keep himself alive, however Aleta eventually overpowered him and separated herself once again.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- The true extent of Starhawk's powers is unknown, but they are said to be immense in nature. He has an incredibly long lifespan, possibly inherited from his mother or due to his empowerment by the Hawk God:
- Superhuman Strength: Stakar possesses vast superhuman strength, the limits of which aren't known, and he can lift well in excess of 100 tons easily. He was able to engage in hand-to-hand combat with the thunder god Thor.
- Superhuman Speed: In spite of his great size, Stakar can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Stakar body grants him unlimited stamina and is therefore immune to fatigue.
- Superhuman Durability: Stakar bodily tissues are much harder and far more resistant to physical injury than the bodily tissues of a normal human. Stakar is highly resistant to penetration wounds, even from high caliber machine gun shells. He can also withstand tremendous impact forces, such as falling from great heights or being repeatedly struck by superhumanly strong opponents, without being hurt.
- Superhuman Agility: Stakar's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are at levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Stakar's reflexes are similarly superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Immortality: For all intents and purposes, Stakar is functionally immortal. Because he no longer ages and he is immune to disease and infection. This same energy sustains his physical vitality far more efficiently than the biochemical process that sustain ordinary human life.
- Light Manipulation: Starhawk can manipulate light to create concussive force blasts of photonic energy, heat, and solid-light constructs. By tapping into Aleta's powers (when merged with her), he can also generate solid constructs of light; it is unknown if he can do so since their separation.
- Flight: Surrounding himself with intermingled photons and anti-gravitons, Starhawk can fly at great speeds, even exceeding the speed of light (although he never does so within a planetary atmosphere). He can fly at even greater speeds with his solar sails, a set of retractable glider wings which are part of his suit. Harnessing light waves and photonic particles from solar winds to augment his powers, they make his flights easier and faster
- Enhanced Senses: His natural senses, especially eyesight, are enhanced to a superhuman degree; in addition, his powers give him extrasensory sensitivity to energy patterns and fluctuations in his environment, and he can track energy trails across intergalactic distances.
- Precognition: He seemingly has precognition, designating himself as "One-Who-Knows", but this is actually an effect of remembering what happened in his previous life cycle. However, due to Starhawk's efforts to change events for the better in each cycle, as well as the manipulations of beings with greater understanding of the universe such as Mephisto, these memories can become unreliable; the overall thrust of events may be the same, but vital details might differ from his previous incarnation.
- Darkness Manipulation: When he forced Aleta to re-merge with him after their second separation, Starhawk's power changed from light to dark, and he was able to create constructs out of solid darkness, and fire blasts of shadowy force.
|Power Grid |
- Archaeology: Stakar has knowledge of the archaeology of the planet Arcturus IV. He also has extensive knowledge of various civilizations throughout the Milky Way Galaxy.
- Starhawk's Suit: His suit is made of alien materials, including a retracting transparent facemask and life support system, and retractable solar wind collector wings.
Valentino had initially decided to call him Shadowhawk, but Tom DeFalco convinced him to save the name for a brand new character.
During his mother's pregnancy, Stakar presumably was intended to have the surname of his father, Vaughn
- 102 Appearances of Stakar Ogord (Earth-691)
- Media Stakar Ogord (Earth-691) was Mentioned in
- 23 Images featuring Stakar Ogord (Earth-691)
- 7 Quotations by or about Stakar Ogord (Earth-691)
- Character Gallery: Stakar Ogord (Earth-691)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Stakar Ogord (Earth-691)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy #59
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy #61
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #5
- ↑ Marvel Graphic Novel #7
- ↑ Kismet discovered she was pregnant while the war was in progress, presumably in July 2001. Therefore, she apparently gave birth to Stakar in late 2001 or early 2002.
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy #62
- ↑ Marvel Presents #3
- ↑ Marvel Presents #4
- ↑ Marvel Presents #7
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #4
|Like this? Let us know!|