Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Dark Avengers
- Women Warriors
- Force of Nature
- H.A.M.M.E.R. Agents
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEditOsborn and Loki set up the fat Asgardian, Volstagg to fight the U-Foes, which results in Volstagg getting blamed for destroying a sold-out football stadium (Bears vs Lions, plus 60,000+ people) in Chicago. Osborn then assembles his Avengers and the Initiative to lay siege to Asgard. However, Ares refuses to do so and would stop Osborn even if he tried. Osborn assures him that with Thor and Odin gone, it is ripe for the picking, even with Loki in charge. He asks the God of War if Asgard should be here in the mortal world. Ares swears that if he is lying, then he'll take off his head.
Osborn assembles his Avengers to brief them. However, Hawkeye believes that going against gods is entirely out of their league. Osborn promises all of them that if they do this for him, then they can either continue being Avengers or they don't have to work for him anymore.
Later, Ares then gives a rallying speech to all the Initiative and H.A.M.M.E.R. regarding the upcoming battle.
At the White House, the President attempts to get a hold of Osborn, realizing that he's gone out of control.
At Asgard, Loki appears before Balder, while he was sleeping, to warn him of Osborn's impending attack. He says that he tried to stop Osborn but failed. Next thing he knows, the Sentry tears through the great city. Then, the Dark Avengers, Initiative and H.A.M.M.E.R. attack.
Right in Oklahoma, Donald Blake sees the battle and transforms to Thor to save the day after making sure the comatose Tony Stark is safe, but he gets jumped pretty bad by the Iron Patriot, Dark Avengers and U-Foes. At the end, Steve Rogers who is watching the monitor at Avengers Hideout- in his Captain America costume- is angry at what he sees.
- Includes "Siege - Cup O' Joe", a three-page article written by Joe Quesada, "Ares war plan transcript", a text-only transcript with the members of the Dark Avengers and Victoria Hand discussing strategies for invading Asgard, and a preview of Hulk Vol 2 #19.
- Beginning with the ravaging affects of Avengers Disassembled and following the aftermaths of House of M, Civil War and Secret Invasion, culminating with the evil Reign of Norman Osborn, the Marvel Universe has been left with its greatest villains holding more power and control than ever before. On the brink of madness, Osborn, in his final bid to take total control, targets the final obstacle in his mission...Asgard. Events are set in motion forcing our heroes to put aside the deep rifts that have grown over the past seven years. Opposing them stand a horde of evil that has begun to take down the gods of the Golden Realm! SIEGE will rock the foundations of every super hero, villain and team in the Marvel Universe. As an era ends, one word will ring above all others...”SIEGE.”
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Siege Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Siege series
- Images from Siege Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|