|Real Name||Shinobi Shaw|
|Relatives||Hiram Shaw (paternal ancestor);|
Sarah Shaw (paternal ancestor);
|Affiliation||Formerly Upstarts, Hellfire Club, Shaw Industries|
|Base Of Operations||Formerly New York City; Japan|
|Occupation||Former Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club, CEO and principal shareholder of Shaw Industries|
|Education||Presumably privately tutored|
|Creators||Jim Lee, Whilce Portacio, Chris Claremont|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Shinobi Shaw was the illegitimate son of Sebastian Shaw. Rejected and abandoned by his father at an early age, Shaw is suspected of having attempted to assassinate him in Interlaken, Switzerland. Shinobi inherited his father's business and wealth. Apparently believing to have succeeded for a time, Shaw tried to take control of his father's empire and his network of social and political connections, including, it appears, his position as a leading member of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle.
Shaw was also a member of the Upstarts, a group of young mutants organized by the mutant Gamesmaster who wanted to lead the next generation of would-be conquerors. Shinobi received "points" for killing his father.
Shaw attempted to revive the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle with the X-Men known as Archangel and Psylocke, who refused his offer. Shaw's next contest with the Upstarts involved assassinating the surviving New Mutants and Hellions, and was thwarted by the combined effort of X-Force and the New Warriors.
Although Shaw briefly managed to obtain the assistance of several mutant associates, his frequent violent conflicts with other superhumans ultimately resulted in his failure to establish himself as his father's successor. Once he learned that his father was alive, Shaw, presumably in fear of retaliation for his assassination attempt, deserted all of his inherited positions and returned to a more secretive mode of life.
As a result of the Scarlet Witch's actions, nearly all of the mutants in the entire world have been stripped of their powers. Shinobi was among the 198 mutants who have still retained their powers.
Shinobi was eventually killed by his father.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Molecular Density Manipulation: Shinobi Shaw has the ability to alter the density of his own body. He can lower his body's density, making him intangible, allowing himself to pass through solid objects of organic and inorganic nature. He can also heighten his body's density, making him diamond-hard, providing resistance to injury. Shinobi is also able to phase a body part (such as his hand) into the body of another person and increase the density, causing great physical damage.
- Interphasing: Shinobi is capable of using his powers create an "interphasing touch" allowing him to scramble the molecules of whatever he touches. Notably, he usually uses it as a means of escape dangerous situations but he could phase into their chest cavity and induce a heart attack on an opponent as well as other effects. Using this lethal ability showed no visible adverse effects on Shaw himself.
- Air Walking/Water Walking: Using his phasing/intangibility ability, Shinobi can walk on the air and water, as though it was solid matter. He could use his ability to walk, run, and move across the air and water as if he was walking on the ground, giving him great maneuverability when needed.
|Power Grid |
Shinobi Shaw possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Shinobi Shaw was killed off-panel by his father, Sebastian Shaw. The next time he was shown was in X-Necrosha #1, where he was resurrected by Selene during Necrosha.
- Shinobi was originally supposed to have the codename "Phase," though it was never used on panel.
- 30 Appearances of Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616)
- Media Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Shinobi Shaw (Earth-616)
- uncannyxmen.net Character Profiles: Shinobi Shaw
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|