Thousands of years ago, alien species Skrull developed an artifact to modify reality following the wishes of the user. It was the first Cosmic Cube, apparently created by forming a meta-singularity or gray hole, which was really an opening to a different universe. This universe was inhabited by mysterious beings called the Beyonders, who apparently wish to improve the development of sentient life.
An X-Element from that universe crossed the grey hole and was trapped in a perfect force cube created by Skrull scientists. The Skrull emperor took the cube and declared himself a god. He reigned for many years but, unbeknownst to all, the Cube had potential to become a sentient being itself. Through the years of use, the emperor involuntarily printed some of his own traits in the embryonic consciousness of the Cube, thus the Cube began to develop his own personality. Since the Skrull emperor was a megalomaniac madman, the Cube also became a megalomaniac.
The Cube, acting on its own, transformed and destroyed some star systems in the Andromeda Galaxy (or Skrull galaxy). When the Cube had reached emotional maturity, it had destroyed civilizations in two thirds of the inhabited worlds in the galaxy, and as a result the Skrull Empire succumbed to barbarism (Eventually, the Skrulls would reconstruct their empire, but they spent centuries).
The Cube transcended the emperor's madness and developed its own personality. He changed its body to look like a Skrull from the waist upwards. Motivated by its powers, he adopted the name of the Shaper of Worlds. Apparently due to a similar fault in the emperor, the Shaper had a very limited creative imagination, so he looked for intelligent beings whose imaginations would give him patterns to shape the worlds.
The Shaper travelled through worlds giving substance to the imagination of "lesser beings". He travelled to Earth many times, attracted by the potential of the natives.
The Shaper decided that he could not live forever and, understanding the latent psionic potential of Earthlings, took one of them as his apprentice, Thomas Gideon, now known as Glorian.
The Supreme Intelligence of the Kree discovered that a Cosmic Cube created on Earth was to show its own will and immature personality. As this Cube had been used by power-hungry psychos such as Red Skull and Thanos, it was a threat to the known Universe. The Intelligence contacted the Shaper, who went to Earth and calmed the Cube, taking from him any hate, paranoia and power hunger it could have. Motivated by paternal feelings and a desire to penance for the devastation he had caused millenia before, the Shaper accepted to supervise the development of this Cube's consciousness.
The Cube would become Kubik, the new apprentice of the Shaper.
Further activities of the Shaper are unknown.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Body Armor: The Shaper of Worlds is naturally protected against attacks, and can manipulate reality to be invulnerable.
- Reality Manipulation: The Shaper of Worlds generates illusions that cannot be distinguished from reality. Its initial reach is limited to a few meters, but increases when used: He can transform an entire planet in 21 hours. "Illusions" last for four years, unless the Shaper manipulates them again to be kept. Notice that the Shaper has no imagination of his own, so he depends on other beings' ideas to manipulate reality. He is in fact attracted by grandiose, interesting and unusual dreams, no matter if they are harmful or not, although he can be convinced to deny a "dream".
|Power Grid |
The Shaper of Worlds is able to lift up to 80 tons without using additional powers.
The Shaper uses the traction of the vehicle in his lower body. He also has a ship.
- In an alternate reality, the Shaper lost his powers and reached Earth looking for help. Criminal mastermind The Joker helped the Shaper by providing him with scientist Bruce Banner, and the Shaper then noticed that the radiation of Bruce Banner's alter ego Hulk could cure him. The Joker then captured the Hulk and cured the Shaper. As a reward, the Shaper succeeded to transform Joker's interesting dreams in reality, but the Joker was eventually stopped by his enemy, Batman, who forced him to stretch his imagination until he fainted. The Shaper then left the Earth. 
- 19 Appearances of Shaper of Worlds (Earth-616)
- Images featuring Shaper of Worlds (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Shaper of Worlds (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shaper of Worlds (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Shaper of Worlds (Earth-616)
- Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|