The entire saga of the Phoenix is retold in the third season, divided into the five-part "Phoenix Saga," in which Jean acquires the power of the Phoenix; the battle for the M'Kraan crystal; the "Dark Phoenix Saga," showcasing the battle with the Hellfire Club; the Phoenix's transformation into Dark Phoenix; and the battle to decide Jean's fate. These particular episodes are as close as the cartoon came to directly duplicating the comic book storyline. The "Dark Phoenix Saga" is so accurate to the original stories that the episodes have the additional credit, "Based on stories by Chris Claremont." Rather than destroying an inhabited system, the animated story had her destroy a deserted system and only disable the attacking Shi'ar cruiser. After the Phoenix left Jean's body, Jean retained her original powers, whereas in the aborted comic book ending, she would have been lobotomized by the Shi'ar and lost them entirely
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Seemingly those of Phoenix Force (Earth-616)#Powers.
- Voiced by Catherine Disher.
- 9 Appearances of Phoenix Force (Earth-92131)
- Images featuring Phoenix Force (Earth-92131)
- Quotations by or about Phoenix Force (Earth-92131)
- Character Gallery: Phoenix Force (Earth-92131)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Phoenix Force (Earth-92131)
- Characters killed by Phoenix Force
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|