|Real Name||Ben Reilly|
|Current Alias||Scarlet Spider|
|Relatives||Spider-Man (genetic template)|
|Affiliation||Zombies; Formerly SHIELD Resistance|
|Occupation||Zombie; formerly Crime-fighter|
|Origin||Created from Peter Parker's DNA by the Jackal.|
|Creators||Robert Kirkman, Sean Phillips|
|Marvel Zombies - Dead Days #1|
Little is detailed about Scarlet Spider’s life before the zombie plague arrived on Earth-2149, however it can be presumed that it followed much the same path as Scarlet Spider (Earth-616).
With the extremely varied bunch all assembled on the Helicarrier, Nick explains how serious he believes the situation to be; that it is the end of the world. He also explains that whatever the histories of those assembled, they are all on the same side.
It can also be assumed that he was part of the team sent back down to the surface to battle the zombies, as he was seen as a zombie later on.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a clone of Spider-Man, the Scarlet Spider possessed the same powers he did.
- Superhuman Strength: The Scarlet Spider possessed the proportionate strength of a spider, granting him superhuman strength. He was capable of lifting 10 tons or more when under extreme duress.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man is able to exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair his performance.
- Superhuman Durability: The composition of the Scarlet Spider's skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system had all been enhanced.
- Superhuman Agility: The Scarlet Spider was extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues were twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Scarlet Spider's reflexes were faster than an average human by about a factor of 15
- Superhuman Equilibrium: The Scarlet Spider possessed the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable.
- Wall-Crawling: The Scarlet Spider possessed the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers.
- Spider-Senses: The Scarlet Spider possessed an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warned him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation in the back of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinesthetics, which enabled him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrode his automatic reflexes.
- Webshooters similar to Spider-Man's.
It appears to be that in this reality Ben Reilly never killed by Green Goblin and still active as Scarlet Spider. It is also possible that Ben Reilly and Peter Parker's adventures before zombification is set during Clone Saga.
- 1 Appearances of Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149)
- Media Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by or about Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-2149)
- Characters killed by Scarlet Spider
- Life of Reilly - A very detailed 35-part exploration of the Clone Saga
- The Clone Saga Timeline
- Ben's Profile at Spiderfan.org
- The Official Fans of Reilly Thread - Long Running Ben Reilly Fan Thread at the Superherohype
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|