Appearing in "The Vengeance Gambit"Edit
- Harry Dolenz (Only appearance; dies)
- Harvey K. Farber (First appearance)
- Black Alfred (First appearance)
- Smitty, Black Alfred's assistant (Only Appearance)
- Herman, Black Alfred's henchman (Only Appearance)
- Mancini, ganglord (Only appearance; dies)
- Joey, Harry's friend and fellow criminal (Only Appearance)
- Frank, police officer (Only Appearance)
- Black Alfred's unnamed Chinatown assassin
- Big Louie, former ganglord (Corpse)
- The Kingpin (Mentioned)
- D.A. Tower (Mentioned)
- Mysterious Woman (Mentioned)
- New York
Synopsis for "The Vengeance Gambit"Edit
With the ousting of the Kingpin, criminals across the city are vying for control of the underworld. Malachi Toomes, nephew of Adrian Toomes (alias the Vulture) is making a move to take control of the criminal underworld in New York, eliminating his competition and holding mock funerals before all those who are vying for control of crime in New York.
This conflict leads to the death of many prominent figures in the crime world, which brings about media attention. Peter Parker is assigned by the Globe to take pictures of any organized crime related killings. This also gets him involved as Spider-Man, as Malachi Toomes and rival Black Alfred fight over control of the underworld.
When Spidey learns of Toomes' connection with his old foe, he goes after Toomes, only to be knocked out by gas. Coming around, Spider-Man finds himself chained to a coffin on it's way to an incinerator. Spectating this execution is the surviving criminal underworld along with Malachi Toomes and his uncle, the Vulture.
This story is continued next issue...
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 44 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|