- An X-Force? A little crude, but it's got some possibilities...
- -- Cannonball
Appearing in "The End of the Beginning (The Beginning of the End, Pt. 3)"Edit
- The New Mutants/X-Force (First appearance)
- The X-Men - (Only in flashback), (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Wolverine - (Only in flashback), (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Colossus - (Only in flashback), (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Longshot - (Only in flashback), (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Rogue - (Only in flashback), (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Mojo V - (Only in flashback)
- Spiral - (Only in flashback)
- Mutant Liberation Front
- Unnamed Danger Room constructs
- Several soldiers of the Cadre Alliance - (First appearance), (Only in flashback)
- Mojo's Imperial Protectorate - (First appearance), (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The End of the Beginning (The Beginning of the End, Pt. 3)"Edit
The New Mutants hear battle noises in the Danger Room. They check it out and find a mysterious warrior destroying their equipment. None of them know the brutal warrior, so they attack him. It’s a hard battle but Cable eventually manages to defeat the man.
Later in the infirmary, the man introduces himself as Shatterstar, travelling back in time to enlist the X-Men's help in defeating Mojo and Spiral. The team is then attacked by Imperial Protectorates sent to kill Shatterstar however, they are all killed.
Later, Boom-Boom goes for something to eat, she finds Feral in the kitchen! The two fight as the New Mutants arrive. Feral explains that she’s being hunted by Masque and his subterranean goons, looking to start a war with the surface world which she wants no part in. The New Mutants believe her as Cable kills Brute, Masque and Hump get the point and leave.
After some rest and a shower, Cable gathers the team for a talk. Everyone agrees that they are no longer safe. Cable explains that Shatterstar, Warpath and Feral have all agreed to join the team in return for some help. He suggests they move away from the bunker, since they are no longer. After a discussion, everyone agrees and they depart.
Elsewhere, Stryfe returns to his troops, the Mutant Liberation Front, dispatching a small task force to do some damage. After that, he thinks about the coming war, which is going slower than he would like. He takes off his helmet, and is revealed to be… Cable?!
- Plot by Liefeld, script by Nicieza.
- A second printing is gold metallic enhanced cover and third printing is silver metallic enhanced.
- Last issue for volume 1 of the series. The series continues as X-Force Volume 1.
- The New Mutants Return in New Mutants Vol 2 #13
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Mutants Vol 1 100 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the New Mutants series
- Images from New Mutants Vol 1 100
- X-Force #1 - Follow the ongoing stories of the New Mutant members
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 04/18/2010