- As from this moment, the New Mutants are disbanded... and Xavier's school closed.
- -- Magneto
Appearing in "Aftermath!"Edit
- The New Mutants
- Magneto (Michael Xavier)
- The Sentinels - (Dream)
- The Hellions
- White Queen
- Thor - (As a frog)
- Analie Hogarth, principal of Salem Center High School - (First appearance)
- Phillip and Sheila Ramsey
- Unnamed demon - (Dream)
- Several Salem Center High School students
Synopsis for "Aftermath!"Edit
The New Mutants battle first Sentinels then the White Queen and the Hellions, but suddenly the fight is over, Magneto has called it to an end, and the New Mutants go to sleep - in their graves! Really its nothing but a dream, a dream all the New Mutants seem to be sharing, and Magneto receiving. In the day, the New Mutants are all flat and emotionless, aftermath of their encounter with the Beyonder. Emma Frost comes to the mansion to offer Magneto a choice - she thinks she can help the New Mutants, if Magneto lets them enroll in her school. In the stables, Thor visits Danielle Moonstar as a frog, and snaps her out of her funk. Some time passes, but Magneto has no answers. Danielle leaves to visit her parents. Tom and Sharon discover Empath spying on Magneto, and he makes them fall violently in love with each other. Empath causes Magneto to decide to enroll his students at the Massachusetts Academy without Magneto realizing Empath is responsible.
- The cover art is homaged in:
- New X-Men #27 (August 2006).
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Mutants Vol 1 38 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the New Mutants series
- Images from New Mutants Vol 1 38
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 02/10/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|