|Real Name||Nels van Adder|
|Aliases||Green Goblin, Van Atter|
|Base Of Operations||Mobile; Formelly OsCorp, New York City, New York|
|Occupation||Research assistant at OsCorp|
|Education||Phd in Biology|
|Unusual Features||Scaled skin, fangs|
|Origin||First subject to take the Goblin Formula|
|Place of Birth||Somewhere in the US|
|Creators||Howard Mackie, John Romita Jr., Dan Fraga|
Dr. Nels Van Adder was a brilliant scientist and engineer that worked at OsCorp. He was a research assistant and helped Dr. Mendel Stromm develop a performance enhancing formula which will later be known as the “Goblin Formula”.
Captain George Stacy is one of the police detectives brought in to investigate and track do a mysterious serial killer. Captain Stacy’s brother Arthur Stacy had a theory about superhuman being created and born which will soon take of society as we know it. George Stacy shrugs his brother’s ideas as fantasy, much to his later regret.
Captain Stacy is called to the OsCorp site when a police officer attacked by a creature lurking around the grounds. Captain Stacy on the CEO’s Norman Osborn request as refused any one else from the department to visit. Captain Stacy requests from Osborn that new head of security escort his own brother Arthur Stacy.
Captain Stacy and his brother enter the building with an armed platoon of police officers looking for the mysterious assailant. They are brutally attacked by a shadowy goblin like creature with sharp claws. The mysterious creature to escapes but Captain Stacy discovers a bunch of red fluid on the floor. Arthur stays on site when his brother leaves and on his rounds he finds an Oscorp employe badge on the floor belonging to Dr. Nels Van Adder.
Arthur Stacy tries to find a connection between Dr. van Adder and the creature so he confronts Norman Osborn about it. Norman Osborn tells him that Dr. van Adder was a disgrunled employe and was fired many months ago. This does not stop Arthur Stacy’s questioning as it does not explain why Dr. van Adder’s badge was found lying on the floor. Norman Osborn leaves to get away from is meddling employe.
Osborn sits in a laboratory, frustrated that he can't locate the missing notes from his former partner, Dr. Mendel Stromm. Osborn is the interrupted by a red goblin-like beast, who is revealed to be a mutated Dr. van Adder or as he will later be known as the Proto-Goblin. The mutated researcher confronts Osborn, and tries to explain what happened, and now he used himself a guinea pig he can never return home to his beloved wife. The Proto-Goblin reveals that he killed the two men by mistake and regretted his action blaming on the transformation.
Arthur tries to do his own research into the scientist and notices that there was never any terminaton papers filed for a Dr. Nels Van Adder. Captain Stacy and his brother travel to OsCorp to confrost Norman Osborn, but they find the Proto-Goblin about to attack him. The two brothers try to stop the creature, but bullets do not seem to have an effect on his tough hide. Arthur finally tries to knock the Proto-Goblin through a window where he falls into the nearby river.
Norman Osborn explains to the brothers that Dr. Nels Van Adder was a former research assistant of Dr. Mendel Stromm who he was no longer in business with. Norman Osborn explains about Dr. van Adder work on experimenting with some biotechnology developed by Dr. Stromm and him, and used this to mutate himself. After the brother leave and Osborn looks through the wreckage he finds Dr. Stromm's hidden notes, which would later be used to create the "Goblin Formula" that mutates him into the Green Goblin.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Genius Intelligence: Nels van Adder was extremely intelligent, who was especially skilled with mathematics and science, possessing a wide spectrum knowledge of chemistry, the side-effects of drugs and other doses on humans and animals. The Goblin Formula enhanced van Adder's mental capacities and creative talents.
- Superhuman Strength: Nels van Adder, after drinking the Goblin formula, become superhumanly strong hence he possessed an extreme strength capacity potential. Proto-Goblin can easily overpower humans by sending them flying and lifting them up with one hand or by hurling them around, and can also lift extremely heavy objects, crush and break through wood panels and templates, can bend metal, and can punch through glass without gaining injury.
- Superhuman Speed: Proto-Goblin can, thanks to the Goblin formula, run and or exercise as well as operate at superhuman speeds hence his overall body equilibrium is also heightened although he isn't nearly as fast as speedsters. With his speed, he can outrun vehicles.
- Superhuman Stamina: Proto-Goblin, thanks to the Goblin formula, operate or maintain continuous physical motion in activities or simply in his movements for prolonged periods of time without getting tired or weary in the process.
- Superhuman Durability: The formula also fortified all of the Proto-Goblin's bodily tissues, making them far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal humans. While the Proto-Goblin can be injured by something along the lines of a knife or small conventional bullets composed of conventional material, he is very resistant to great impact forces and blunt trauma. He can withstand powerful impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhuman enemy, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If the Proto-Goblin does sustain injury, his body's increased metabolism allows him to heal damaged tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human is capable of. While not nearly as efficient as the healing powers possessed by Wolverine, he can heal from injuries that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Agility: The Proto-Goblin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Claws and Fangs: The Proto-Goblin sports retractable, razor sharp claws at the tip of each finger and toe. Their natural edge, coupled with his strength, are sufficient to rend most conventional materials including flesh, wood, stone, and even some types of metals. He also possesses elongated canines that he can use, if he chooses to do so, as effective weapons in close quarter combat situations.
Genius Level Intellect: Aside from his physical advantages, the serum also greatly enhanced the Proto-Goblin's 's already highly above average intellect, making him a true genius capable of making progress in advanced areas of genetics, robotics, engineering, and applied chemistry that most professional scientists can scarcely comprehend.Skilled Combatant: He is a skilled unarmed combatant.
Class 10; Proto-Goblin is able to lift 10 tons under his own powers.
- This character was said to appear in the The Amazing Spider-Man movie, but he was apparently changed for the, exclusive for the movie, doctor Rajit Ratha.
- 1 Appearances of Nels van Adder (Earth-616)
- Media Nels van Adder (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Nels van Adder (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Nels van Adder (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Nels van Adder (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Nels van Adder (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|