In an effort to win favor with the Skrull Emperor, Dorrek VII, Kl'rt the Super-Skrull captured the Avengers Captain Marvel, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and brought them back to Tarnax IV, the Skrull homeworld. While there, Captain Marvel fell in love with the Emperor's daughter, Princess Anelle. They conceived a child together. When the Emperor learned about the half-Kree, half-Skrull bastard child, ordered it death. To save her child, Annelle had her nursemaid take the child to Earth for protection and to find his father.
Annelle's nursemaid was unable to locate Captain Marvel on Earth. She next took on the persona of Mrs. Altman and raised the infant, named Theodore "Teddy" Altman, by herself and worked as a real estate agent. When Teddy would ask about his father, she answered that he died before Teddy was born, but that he was a "good man".
When the Super-Skrull came to abducted a teenage Teddy and return him to the Skrull Throne. Teddy and the Young Avengers were able to temporarily escape and retreat to the Kaplan home. Mrs. Altman learned about the attack and unexpectedly met them there. When Kl'rt attacked again he force Mrs. Altman to revert back to the Skrull form before killing her.
After the Kree-Skrull custody issues of Hulking were settled, the Young Avengers held a memorial service at the Avengers Mansion for Mrs. Altman. Teddy spread ashes among the statues of fallen Avengers.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Like other Skrulls, she is a shape-shifter. They can mentally cause the unstable molecules that comprise his or her body to become pliant, enabling him or her to assume other forms through muscular expansion and contraction. Once a new shape has been assumed, it takes a conscious act of will to assume another form or revert to natural. Hence, Skrulls do not spontaneously lose their assumed form when asleep or unconscious. Skrulls in altered form will, however, revert to their original forms at the moment of death.
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Skrulls only take on the appearance of an object or person and none of that object or person’s characteristics. There is a limit to the size of the object or person a Skrull can imitate. The average Skrull cannot distend his or her mass any more than 1.5 times as large a volume as his or her original volume, nor can he or she contract his or her mass any more than 0.75 a volume as his or her original.
- Appearances of Mrs. Altman (Anelle's Nursemaid) (Earth-616)
- Images featuring Mrs. Altman (Anelle's Nursemaid) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Mrs. Altman (Anelle's Nursemaid) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mrs. Altman (Anelle's Nursemaid) (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Mrs. Altman (Anelle's Nursemaid) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: