|Real Name||Miklos Vryolak|
|Aliases||Miklos the Minotaur|
|Relatives||Dr. Vryolak (Father; deceased); unnamed mother (deceased)|
|Base Of Operations||An island in the Aegean Sea|
|Unusual Features||The Minotaur has a bull's head and hooves|
|Creators||Archie Goodwin, Johnny Craig|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
|Iron Man #24||Iron Man #24|
Miklos Vryolak suffered from an uncurable disease. In attempt to cure his son, Miklos was turned into the Minotaur by a chemical that his father had found in the ruins of a maze. His father then attempted to turn Madame Masque into a mate for his son, as well as create an army of similar creatures. Miklos clashed with Iron Man and SHIELD agent Jasper Sitwell when they came to free Madame Masque. During the fight, a column supporting the cavern where they fought was shattered. Miklos held up the column long enough for Madame Masque, Sitwell and Iron Man to escape, but was killed alongside with his father when the cavern collapsed.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Dense Flesh: The Minotaur possesses superhuman durability (He has demonstrated resisting shotgun blast at point blank range).
The Minotaur possesses superhuman strength (Class 10-25)
Many years ago, Dr. Vryolak discovered the labyrinth of legend hidden on a far island in the Aegean Sea, not on Crete as fables told; at the center of that timeless maze, he stepped into the chamber where the ancients worked their forgotten chemistry to create super-race, combining the power of beasts with the mind of men, and decided to do the same. He then experimented his chemical on his son, which managed to cure him from a fatal disease, but eventually turned him into a minotaur. As he was attempting to find an antidote, he then began sending his son out to raiding mission in order to steal valuables and fund his research, until he retrieved a suffering Madame Masque, stranded on their island. Hoping to create a mate for his son as well as an army of similar creatures, Vryolak tried to trick Masque into drinking his potion, but she refused and was eventually rescued by Iron Man and Jasper Sitwell. He finally died when his son, moved by Sitwell's love for Masque, sacrificed himself and his father to save the strangers.
- A Minotaur was seen at the Springdale branch of the Bar with No Name, in the company of Bova, the Man-Bull, the Matador, and Toro Rojo in Marvel Year-in-Review 1992.
- 2 Appearances of Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616)
- Media Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Miklos Vryolak (Earth-616)
- Minotaur at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|