|Real Name||Michael Collins|
|Aliases||Doctor Donut, The Cyborg, Robot Vigilante|
|Relatives||Tracy Collins (wife)|
Nick Collins (son)
|Affiliation||Former member of Secret Defenders, former member of Wild Pack, former agent of SHIELD, former computer programmer with Roxxon Oil|
|Base Of Operations||Mobile|
|Occupation||Adventurer, computer consultant, software engineer, video game programmer|
|Height||(as Collins); 7'2" (as Deathlok)|
|Weight||(91 kg) (as Collins); 825 lbs (375 kg) (as Deathlok)|
|Eyes||Brown (as Collins); Left - Yellow, Right - Brown (as Deathlok)|
|Hair||Brown (as Collins); Light Brown (as Deathlok)|
|Unusual Features||Deathlok possesses a massive cyborg body. The right half of his face is in a semi-decomposed state. The left half of his face is in an armored cybernetic implant. Deathlok has two toes on each foot.|
|Origin||Originally, he was a computer programmer for Roxxon Oil, who was betrayed by his boss and his brain was placed into the Deathlok cyborg.|
|Place of Birth||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Creators||Dwayne McDuffie, Gregory Wright, Jackson Guice|
Originally, Michael Collins was a computer programmer working for Roxxon Oil. He thought that his programming for artificial limbs was going to be used to help handicapped people, not knowing that it was actually being used for the Deathlok Project.
After he found out about his work being used for the creation of a killing machine, he complained to his friend and boss, Harlan Ryker, not knowing that Ryker was behind the Deathlok Project. Ryker betrayed Collins and had his brain placed into the Deathlok cyborg body.
When Michael awoke, he found himself in the cyborg body, but unable to control it. The Deathlok cyborg was then tested, and Michael watched in horror, unable to do anything, as his cyborg body killed a couple of soldiers.
Eventually, Michael gained control of the Deathlok cyborg and set out to find Harlan Ryker and make him pay for what he had done to Michael.
Michael caught up with Ryker as he was making illegal weapons sales to a private army. Before Michael turned Ryker over to the authorities, he found out that his human body still existed, somewhere.
Much later, discovered on a new Battleworld, Deathlok helped fellow super-powered individuals Dr. Pym, Wasp, Spider-Man, Venom, Hood, Gravity, Firebird, Medusa, and Al Kraven battle the Dragon Man, the Space Phantom who was impersonating Spider-Man, reveal the Stranger as the one behind them being there, and ultimately escape. During the conflict it was revealed that he could now return to his human form at will.
He was present at the funeral for Gravity and helped the Fantastic Four after Gravity's casket was removed from his grave. He ultimately piloted the craft that led the Fantastic Four into a conflict with Galactus, Stardust, and Silver Surfer and was present at Gravity's resurrection. Returned to earth with the Fantastic Four and Gravity, his current whereabouts are unknown.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Cyborg Physiology: Deathlok possesses a variety of superhuman attributes as a result of extensive cybernetic augmentation.
- Artificial Intelligence: Much of Deathlok's brain has been replaced with an extremely efficient computer system, granting him greater levels of intelligence than those he possessed before becoming a cyborg. He can inferface with almost any computer system and can communicate with such systems through machine code. He is also capable of downloading vast amounts of information into his system, granting him knowledge in a wide variety of areas that he wouldn't otherwise possess.
- Superhuman Sight and Hearing: Deathlok's senses of sight and hearing are artificially enhanced to greater levels than an ordinary human. He is capable of seeing at much greater distances than an ordinary human and with perfect clarity. This same level of clarity extends into the infra red spectrum, allowing him to see perfectly in near total darkness. His sense of hearing is similarly heightened, allowing him to hear sounds ordinary human's can't and to hear sounds they can, but at much greater distances.
- Superhuman Strength: Deathlok possesses great superhuman strength and is currently able to lift approximately 85 tons. However, his design has the capacity to potentially lift as much as 150 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Despite his great size and bulk, Deathlok is capable of running and moving at speeds considerably greater than even the finest human athlete. He can reach a top speed of 110 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: Deathlok's artificial musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the natural musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Deathlok's artificial skin and muscle tissues are considerably denser and more resistant to injury than the natural muscular of an ordinary human. Most of the bones in his body have been replaced with a titanium alloy, rendering them far more resistant to breakage than human bones. Deathlok is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature extremes, and great impact forces without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Agility: Despite his massive size, Deathlok's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Deathlok's reaction time is enhanced to a level that is beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
|Power Grid |
|* Heightened strength if restrictions are overloaded|
AbilitiesDeathlok is an excellent computer programmer. Deathlok's on-board computer system contains the downloaded contents in excess of 17 Cray mainframe computers and can provide him with detailed information on a wide variety of subjects. Through his downloads, Deathlok has gained a broad knowledge of hand to hand combat techniques, as well as detailed knowledge in the use of conventional and technologically advanced firearms.
Strength level85 with the potential to reach 150 tons.
Despite his cybernetic enhancements, Deathlok is still vulnerable to certain human needs. He still requires oxygen to breathe, and needs to sleep. He also requires nourishment, but his simplified digestive system is only capable of absorbing nutrients in a liquefied form.
He has a plasma pistol built into his body that takes its power from his internal plasma reactor. He also carries in a built-in back-pack, and he also has access to a plasma assault rifle and plasma grenade launcher.
The song "Psychotron", by American heavy metal band Megadeth, is a homage to Deathlok.
- 93 Appearances of Michael Collins (Earth-616)
- Media Michael Collins (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Michael Collins (Earth-616)
- 6 Quotations by or about Michael Collins (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Michael Collins (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Michael Collins (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Deathlok
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|