- There's a woman I want -- but she won't have me. I -- scare her. You go to the big house up on the hill -- an' you bring her to me!
- -- Gyps
Appearing in "Zombie!"Edit
- Zombie (First appearance)
- Donna Garth (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Zombie!"Edit
Simon Garth, the Zombie, wanders through the swamps of Louisiana, until it is time to answer the call of his master, Gyps. Gyps is the former gardener to the Zombie's human alias, Simon Garth. In possession of the Amulets of Damballah, Gyps orders the Zombie to go into town to get him money.
The Zombie wanders into the French Quarter of New Orleans, but the revelers take little notice of him. Those who do react, merely think that he is simply another partier wearing an elaborate costume. The zombie attacks a pedestrian, but a policeman takes notice and gives chase.
The Zombie returns to Gyps' cottage, but the surly gardener is enraged to see that he came back empty handed. He then orders the zombie to attack a young woman at the main house. Gyps plans on staging her rescue from the zombie in order to gain her affection.
The Zombie breaks into the woman's room, but feels an uncontrollable urge to turn away. A part of Simon Garth's humanity recalls this woman as his own daughter, and he is incapable of killing her. The Zombie returns to the garden shed and strangles Gyps. He then wanders back to his own shallow grave and lies down.
Appearing in "Crackdown!"Edit
Synopsis for "Crackdown!"Edit
A gang lord warns a small time hood not to pull any jobs in the next couple of weeks because a senator is in town, or else. The hood goes to a bar and sees a guy it looks like he could roll easily so he ignores the warning and mugs the guy for thirty-three dollars. When he gets called into court to testify as to his whereabouts he is surprised to learn that his victim was the senator himself.
Appearing in "Nightmare!"Edit
Synopsis for "Nightmare!"Edit
Hunk Gillem returns home after a night of drinking only to be plagued by nightmares of being chased by the corpse of Tom Britton, a man that he had murdered. The next day he tells the bar tender of his night terrors, and the bar man offers him a elixir that will end his bad dreams forever. That night Hunk has what he believes to be another nightmare where he is chased by the corpse of Tom Britton, this time when zombie chases him to Britton's grave, the creature tosses acid in his face. Waking up he goes to the bar with a gun, intending to shoot the bartender. However, when he arrives, he realizes that it wasn't a dream at all and his skin has been melted off his face, and that the bartender is really the devil.
Appearing in "Rocketship!"Edit
Synopsis for "Rocketship!"Edit
In the year 2005 a rocket ship heads for Venus to relieve over population on Earth, but unfortunately the atmosphere of Venus dissolves human flesh like acid.
- "Zombie!" is reprinted in Tales of the Zombie #1, Tales of the Zombie Annual #1 and Curse of the Weird #4.
- "Nightmare!" reprinted as "Acid Test" in Tales of the Zombie #2
- This issue includes a two-page text story by Dick Ayers entitled "Mind over Matter".
- First appearance of the Zombie, Donna Garth and Gyps.
- Final appearance of Gyps as a living person.
- Gyps is not referenced by name in this issue. He is referred to only as the gardener.
- The events from "Zombie!" chronologically takes place immediately after the first story from Tales of the Zombie #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Menace Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Menace series
- Images from Menace Vol 1 5
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Zombie article at Wikipedia
- Zombie profile at the Marvel Universe
- Zombie profile at the Marvel Appendix
- Zombie profile at the Marvel Directory
- Zombie profile at Comic Monsters
- Zombie article at Photon Torpedoes
- Zombie (Religious Affiliation)
|Like this? Let us know!|