In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
- NO! Your nullification was my dream! Nothing more! I don't want the END of life... only the absence of feeling it!
- -- Max Fury src
In the early 2000s, Scorpio stole an advanced S.H.I.E.L.D. Life-Model Decoy of his brother Nick Fury and used the Zodiac Key to reprogram it. Instantly, the LMD gained all of the real S.H.I.E.L.D. Executive Director's memories and actually thought it was the real thing.
Max served Scorpio in his mad scheme to create an andriod version of the Zodiac. He kidnapped Jack Norriss and helped Scorpio fight against the Defenders. When Scorpio realized that he was defeated he commanded Max to give him a gun and shot himself. It was later revealed that this Scorpio was, in fact, himself an LMD.
Later, When the LMD Zodiac was again taken down before their plan to use the LMD to free a prisoner from the Avengers came to fruition. S.H.I.E.L.D. determined the LMD to be an anomaly, as the Zodiac Key altered it so much that it began thinking for itself and had it held up on the Helicarrier for study. But the LMD repeatedly escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and was constantly hunted and forgetting that it wasn't the real thing. In the meantime, the LMD was taking down Hydra, A.I.M. and U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. plots.
When S.H.I.E.L.D. finally caught him, the LMD came face-to-face with the real Fury, who determined that he has to be destroyed, for the LMD having all his memories made him too dangerous. But John Steele helped the LMD escape by replacing him with another. He convinced the LMD, who he dubbed Max, to join the enigmatic Shadow Council.
He tried to wield the power of a tri-crown, which the Shadow Council collected using a new version of the Masters of Evil, to unleash the power of the Abyss and mental-control the world, but because he was a robot, he couldn't use it. Taskmaster managed to take the crown from him and use it for his own purposes, until he was stopped by Venom of the Secret Avengers. Max Fury was then taken to the Secret Avengers' HQ, the Lighthouse, and freed by Black Ant, member of the Descendants. After accepting to join his team of robots and cyborgs, Max Fury was killed by Black Ant for no apparent reason.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Life-Model Decoy : As an android a Life-Model Decoy possesses all of the various superhuman attributes:
- Superhuman Strength: As an android a Life-Model Decoy is superhumanly strong and possesses beyond the human limits.
- Superhuman Speed: As an android a Life-Model Decoy can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: As an android a Life-Model Decoy construction makes him very durable.
- Superhuman Stamina: As an android a Life-Model Decoy can exert itself well beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Agility: As an android a Life-Model Decoy agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Quick Repair: The nanites in his body give a Life-Model Decoy a form of self-repair.
|Power Grid |
- 24 Appearances of Max Fury (Earth-616)
- Media Max Fury (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Max Fury (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Max Fury (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Max Fury (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Max Fury (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|