- Calm thyself mortal. Thy life has not ended yet.
- -- Hercules
Appearing in "The City Stealers!"Edit
- City Stealers (First appearance)
- Prince Rey (Behind the scenes)
- Keeper of the Flame (Behind the scenes)
- Tyrannus (Behind the scenes)
- Professor Aldritch (Only Appearance)
- Mayor Abe Koch
Synopsis for "The City Stealers!"Edit
When the island of Manhattan is shaken up by a series of earthquakes, the incidents get both the attention of Peter Parker, and Hercules. While Peter investigates the incidents through his connections at Empire State University, while Hercules travels the island saving people and trying to reduce the damage.
Through the situation, Spider-Man and Hercules trace it to a group calling themselves the City Stealers, who are hoping to shake loose Manhattan so that they can pull it out to sea and hold it ransom at risk of having the island sunk. Defeating the City Stealer's robots, Hercules then literally pulls the island of Manhattan back to its original location.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail it to Team-Up. Letters are published from Brian Schuch, Bob Wayne, Evan Peter Katten, Bob Parker, and Eugene Vaughn.
- The ending of this story is so unbelievable, (that Hercules could pull the the bedrock of Manhattan without severe foundation and structural damages to infrastructure, bridges, etc.) that Marvel editors quickly disavow it as canon. The act that Hercules supposedly accomplishes is acknowledged as another legendary fable of the demi-god. This is explained further in The Incredible Hulk #241 (November 1979).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Marvel Team-Up series
- Images from Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 28
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|
- The Marvel Value Stamp Site