Appearing in "Book I: The Saga Begins...!"Edit
- Black Knight
- Morgan le Fay
- Kid Colt
- Rawhide Kid
- Two-Gun Kid
- Phantom Rider
- Baron Blood
- Union Jack
- Howling Commandos
- Red Skull
- Anthony Stark
- Bruce Banner
- Thaddeus Ross
- Betty Ross
- Henry Pym
- Donald Blake
- Charles Xavier
- Jean Grey
- Stephen Strange
- Matt Murdock
- Foggy Nelson
- Peter Parker
- Flash Thompson
- Liz Allan
- Nathaniel Richards
- Victor von Doom
- Fantastic Four
- Mole Man
- Jerry Jaxon
- Heather McNeil
Material Excerpted From:
- Fantastic Four #1
- Fantastic Four #2
- Fantastic Four #271
- Fantastic Four #273
- Tales to Astonish #27
- Tales to Astonish #44
- Avengesr #227
- Alpha Flight #2
- The Thing #1
- Various other sources
Synopsis for "Book I: The Saga Begins...!"Edit
The first issue in a series telling the history of the Marvel Universe in chronological order. This issue tells the events of:
- The origins of the Universe, including Galactus, the Watchers and the Kree/Skrull conflict.
- The birth of the Eternals and Deviants on Earth.
- The birth of the Inhumans on Earth.
- The great cataclysm that sank ancient Atlantis and the early adventures of Conan.
- The early adventures of Hercules
- The original Black Knight's adventures in Camelot
- The adventures of the wild west heroes Two-Gun Kid, the Phantom Rider, Kid Colt, and the Rawhide Kid.
- World War I, and the adventures of the original Union Jack.
- The World War II adventures of Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos and the Invaders.
- The fates of Captain America, Namor and Nick Fury after the war.
- The early pre-super-hero careers of Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Donald Blake, Charles Xavier, Stephen Strange, Matt Murdock, and Peter Parker.
- The early days of Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, Benjamin Grimm, and Victor Von Doom before the formation of the Fantastic Four.
- Retelling the origin of the Fantastic Four and their first battle against the Mole Man.
- The events that led to James Hudson and Heather McNeil quitting Am-Can industries, and the formation of the Guaridan armor, and their meeting with Logan, who is fated to become Wolverine.
- The murder of Henry Pym's first wife, and how it led him to create the formula which would lead to him becoming the Ant Man.
- This issue wraps up with a partial retelling of the Skrull's first attempt to take over modern day Earth by framing the Fantastic Four for various criminal activities.
- Wraparound cover.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Saga Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Marvel Saga series
- Images from Marvel Saga Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|