- Defenders! A fitting name for such a grouping as we --- if ever we've need to meet again.
Appearing in "The Day of the Defenders!"Edit
- New England
- New York City
Synopsis for "The Day of the Defenders!"Edit
Visiting his old foe Yandroth on his deathbed, Strange is warned by the techno-wizard that he has created a Doomsday machine called the Omegatron to destroy the Earth five hours after it's activated.
In order to save the world, Strange gathers the Sub-Mariner, Hulk and Silver Surfer together to find the Omegatron and destroy it before it can start a nuclear chain reaction that will destroy the planet. Finding the device hidden in a lighthouse in Maine, the four heroes try to stop it with their combined skills, however no physical, cosmic or mystic force can destroy the device.
In a stalemate, Strange then casts a spell around the lighthouse slowing down the progression of time to an eternal crawl, so that it will be centuries before the Omegatron finally counts down it's final moments before detonation. With the threat of the Omegatron at least postponed indefinitely, the group disbands but not before agreeing that they will reunite whenever possible as a group called the Defenders.
Appearing in "Sub-Mariner and the Icebergs"EditFeatured Characters:
- Mr. Bowen
- Un-Named Captain
Synopsis for "Sub-Mariner and the Icebergs"Edit
This story is a reprint of Sub-Mariner Comics #40
Appearing in "The Return!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Return!"Edit
In a story that takes place prior to the formation of the Defenders, Dr. Strange returns home to his Sanctum Sanctorum after a long absence. There he finds that Wong is still looking after somebody who claims to be Dr. Strange. However, during the battle the powerless Strange is easily defeated and knocked out by his imposter. While unconscious, Strange is visited by the Ancient One who restores Strange's mystical powers. Strange then attacks his imposter once more and easily defeats the foe. Unmasking him, Strange finds that his poser is none other than his mortal enemy Baron Mordo. Realizing that he cannot leave his place unattended, Strange resumes his position of master of the mystic arts.
- This issue sees the return of Dr. Strange since his series was canceled after Dr. Strange #183 and his long absence since Incredible Hulk #126. Right away they decide to dispose of the "mask" the Strange decided to wear close to the end of his series, and change his last name from Stephen Sanders back to Stephen Strange.
- Yandroth previously appeared in Strange Tales 168. He will appear next in Defenders 69.
- This issue does not contain a letters page.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Feature Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Marvel Feature series
- Images from Marvel Feature Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|