A few simple things we ask to make everyone's experience more pleasurable. (See Also: Project Policies)
- Be Objective. Articles should be factual and not based on heresay or opinion. If you want to voice your opinion, do so in the talk page or your user page.
- Be Accurate. All material listed on this database requires a citation. If you are adding information, please cite the reference where you found that information. See here(wherever) for help with citations.
- Be Mindful of Copyrights. Although information contained in The Marvel Database is shown under the GNU FDL license, the content contained herein is still copywritten by Marvel Comics. Visit the copyrights page for more information.
- Be Mindful of Others' Works. Don't take information directly from other sites or books. Write your own information. Submitting information taken from other sources will result in a temporary block/ban, and a permanent one if this behavior continues.
- Be Respectful. We are not here to flame anyone or present subjective or offensive materials and opinions. The goal is simply to provide information as accurately as possible and allow readers to formulate their own opinions. If you disagree with something someone has posted discuss this in the talk page. If someone has posted something you find offensive in some way, please notify an administrator.
- Be Yourself. The purpose of the Marvel Database is not just to document all-things-Marvel, but to connect with other Marvel fans. Get to know your fellow users, but do it as yourself. Pretending to be a Marvel character is an activity which is better suited to other fan sites. If you enjoy editing, dive right in! If you enjoy roleplaying a character, please do so at the Marvel Fanon Wikia.
- Keep It Clean. We're trying to establish a family-friendly wiki. Please forego the using of profanity. Thank you.
- Stay on Topic. To reiterate, the goal of The Marvel Database is not to host personal content, especially if it is not related to the Marvel Comics theme. Any non-relevant content will be removed daily and may lead to further action against the culpable user, up to and including suspension.
- Fan-Made Characters. This is not the site for characters you have created. Those characters belong elsewhere, such as the Marvel Fanon Wikia. Any pages about characters not created in a Marvel publication or owned by Marvel will be deleted.
- Follow the Naming Conventions. This site is very large and is growing faster each day. In order to keep organized and make sure that everyone can find what they are looking for please follow our page naming conventions.
- Uploading Images. When uploading images, please be sure to make use of the Image Template. The most important fields are License, Source, and Subject. It would be nice to list the penciler if you happen to know the artist. Also, please do NOT merely paste in the template on top of a template already present without deleting the old one. If two templates are saved in the image file the categories do not work correctly.
- Have Fun! This 'golden rule' is repeated throughout the site for a reason. Our intent is not to offend anyone, but rather provide a great resource for readers from around the world to enjoy what we have accomplished.
If you have questions, contact any of the administrators anytime, and they'll be glad to help you.
Thank you for being a part of our project!