A weapon given to Loki by the Other, the sceptre exhibits an energy signature closely resembling that of the Tesseract's energy, and it was able to exert some level of control over the Tesseract. Using this item Loki was also able to channel destructive energy blasts that could annihilate a man and cause catastrophic damage to aircraft. A curved blade at the end of the weapon proved suitable for dealing slashing or impaling attacks. By touching this blade to a person's chest, over their heart, Loki could gain control of the victim, completely submerging their free will with his own directives. In the case of Tony Stark, this proved ineffective when the sceptre was physically blocked by his arc reactor instead.
Dr. Selvig constructed a focus for the Tesseract energy in such a way that the sceptre could be used to shut it down. While the energy shield surrounding the Tesseract was impenetrable, even to the power of Thor's Mjolnir, the sceptre could be inserted through the field and used to trigger the shutdown.
- No special notes.
- The sceptre has quickly become a very recognizable weapon for Loki, appearing not only in Earth-199999, but Earth-12131, Earth-91119, Earth-TRN123 and Earth-TRN413 as well.
- Appearances of Loki's Sceptre
- Media Loki's Sceptre was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Loki's Sceptre
- Item Gallery: Loki's Sceptre
- Fan-Art Gallery: Loki's Sceptre
Links and References