Are also specified:
- The status of the alternate versions: "past", "future" or "alternate".
- The origin of the X-Gene (and of the mutation generally) for clones, artificial mutants, etc.
The list is divided in two categories:
- The human mutants Homo superior sapiens, and also Homo supreme.
- The Non-Human Mutants, born from others forms of life, including aliens, robots and A.I.
- The time- or reality-travellers who made their first steps on Earth-616 before M-Day.
- The pre-M-Day clones.
Mutants discovered/revealed and/or resurrected after M-Day
- Time- or reality-travellers who made their first steps on Earth-616 after M-Day.
- Some clones:
Mutants repowered after M-Day
Mutants activated/born/created after M-Day
- For further explanation, please see the specific section in the article: Homo superior: Non-Human Mutants
- For a more complete list, please see the complete list of Non-Human Mutants