|Real Name||Kamala Khan|
|Current Alias||Ms. Marvel|
|Relatives||Jusuf Khan (father);|
Disha Khan (mother);
|Base Of Operations||New Jersey|
|Origin||Human with Inhuman lineage activated by a Terrigen Bomb|
|Creators||Sana Amanat, Stephen Wacker, G. Willow Wilson|
- Fabulous. Now I'm in trouble, too. This has to have happened for a reason. I saved one life, Does it stop there or do I go on? Maybe this is what I've been waiting for. Meaybe I'm finally part of something... bigger.
- -- Kamala Khan src
Kamala Khan was a Pakistani-American born in Jersey City after her parents moved from Pakistan. Though respectful of her parents and her Muslim upbringing, Kamala still desired to fit in with her high school peers out of envy. She was also a fan of superheroes, having devotedly followed the career of Carol Danvers, the former Ms. Marvel who had recently started going by Captain Marvel.
One night, Kamala snuck out of her house against her parents' wishes to attend a party on the Jersey Waterfront, only to be teased and ostracized by her classmates Zoe Zimmer and Josh. As Kamala walked home in anger and disappointment, Jersey City was suddenly enveloped in the Terrigen Mists, which had been released by the hand of the Inhuman Black Bolt, and Kamala fell unconscious from exposure.
As her Terrigenesis began due to her Inhuman lineage, Kamala was presented with a vision of Carol Danvers chastising her for disobeying her parents and asking her what she wanted in life, to which she replied "I want to be you." Once the vision faded, Kamala woke up and broke out of her Terrigenesis cocoon wearing a replica of Danvers' previous Ms. Marvel costume as part of her subconscious desire.
Shocked and scared at the sudden change, Kamala's body repeatedly altered itself as her mind and body struggled to gain control over her newly-developed shapeshifting powers. When she saw Zoe fall into the river while trying to keep a drunken Josh off of her, however, Kamala (still in the Ms. Marvel form) instinctively came to her rescue by enlarging her hand to pull her out of the water. As Kamala returned home, she realized that merely looking like her idol was not what she wanted at all, but also that rescuing Zoe made her feel happy. After returning home, she was grounded by her parents since her friend Bruno told them she go to the party. While going to visit Bruno at his work, Kamala found him discussing with a thief trying to rob the place. After failing to call 911 since her phone didn't have battery, she morphed into Captain Marvel and stopped the thief by squashing him, however, after making him promisse to never come back and let him go, he shot her.
While the panicked thief escaped, Bruno called for an ambulance althought she tried to stop him. After morphing back to Kamala, he freak out and insisted that she neaded help until she show him that she was healed thanks to her powers. After she tried to explain, the police and ambulance arrived, she tried to morph back to Captain Marvel, however, she had not completely healed and found that she only healed in her normal form. After the cops left, Kamala asked Bruno if the robber was his brother Vick. He told her that he was involved in something weird and talked about some "Inventor". After improvising a costume and sneeking into an abandoned house Vick usually was near, she discovered Vick was in the basement from two thugs, being attacked by robots on her way to the basement, she found a tied Vick before being interrupted by some thugs. After beign attacked by one of them who carried a laser gun, she was overpowered by them and the robots and escaped, leaving Vick behind. After a chat with her dad, she decided not to be Carol Danvers, but the best version of Kamala Kahn. After training and designing a new costume, she sucesfully rescued Vick. After which, she made her first public appearence as Ms. Marvel treating the Inventor to stop his operations.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Kamala is a polymorph; which grants her the following abilities:
- Shape Changing: Kamala can stretch, deform, expand, or compress her entire body or parts thereof into any contiguous shape she can imagine for a variety of uses:
- Fist Weapons: Kamala can grow the size of her fists, and improve her physical strength and effectiveness in hand-to-hand combat.
- Elongation: Kamala can extend her limbs, torso, or neck to great distances.
- Size Alteration: Kamala possesses the power to increase and decrease her size. Her physical strength also grows in proportion to her current size.
- Appearance Alteration: Kamala possesses the power to alter her physical appearance, such as hair and clothing.
- Healing Factor: Kamala is capable of rapidly healing from injuries such as bullet wounds. However, use of her other powers interrupts the healing process, requiring Kamala to maintain her normal appearance while recovering. Extensive healing also leaves Kamala heavily-fatigued and hungry.
- 11 Appearances of Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- Media Kamala Khan (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- Marvel Comics Introducing a Muslim Girl Superhero - NYTimes.com
- All-New Marvel NOW! Q&A: Ms. Marvel - Marvel.com
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|