- Hiding! Golly, why couldn't you be brave and adventurous like--Thor! But no...that would be too much to hope for!
- -- Jane Foster in a thought bubble
Appearing in "The Mighty Thor vs. The Executioner"Edit
- Executioner (San Diablo Dictator) (Only Appearance)
- Stone Men from Saturn (Only in flashback)
- Mrs. Jones (patient)
- Mjolnir - Thor's Enchanted Hammer
- Dr. Blake's car
- Communist jet fighters
- an "American ship of mercy"
- Communist tanks
Synopsis for "The Mighty Thor vs. The Executioner"Edit
While Blake was in Europe, a revolution started in San Diablo, between a communistic fraction and a democratic fraction. Because of the fighting, there was a shortage of medical help in San Diablo, and several American doctors, including Dr. Donald Blake (with his trusty sidekick, nurse Jane Foster), agreed to go there to help out. However, the evil Executioner, leader of the communist faction, did not want the peasants to be treated. He wanted them to remain ill, so that they would be too weak to oppose the communists. He thus sent five fighter planes to blow up the ship carrying the doctors and medical supplies from America. Blake turned into Thor and destroyed the planes, which prompted the Executioner to send the commander of the pilots to the firing squad.
The Executioner then sent his armed forces to hunt down and kill the doctors. Thor fought off all attackers, but then the soldiers captured Jane Foster, forcing Thor to back off. The communists fawned over Jane, until Blake arrived demanding her release. Angered over Blake's commands, The Executioner stole his walking stick and ordered Blake in front of the firing squad. However, Blake goaded the Executioner into fighting him man to man, snatched back his stick and transformed into Thor. As Thor fought off the attacking communists, the army of the Democratic Faction arrived, causing those cowardly commies to flee. Realizing his defeat was imminent, the Executioner stole the gold from the treasury and attempted to flee. The other communists recognized him as a traitor and placed him in front of their own firing squad. They then realized that the Americans were their friends all along, and every was happy. Blake then treated and cured all of the sick peasants, and of course, no one suspected any connection between he and Thor (although Jane wished Don could be more brave and adventurous like Thor).
Appearing in "The Witching Hour"Edit
Synopsis for "The Witching Hour"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Somewhere Hides a Thing"Edit
Synopsis for "Somewhere Hides a Thing"Edit
A dying man stumbles into the camp of two men in the Arctic. He tells them that he has sighted an alien near his cabin and implores them to seek out the creature's advanced knowledge. The man dies and the two are skeptical about his story but are familiar enough with the man to know that he does not lie, and so they go and check it out. When they arrive at the iceberg the dying man indicated, they climb to the top, but can detect nothing. They chalk his story up to an hallucination and head back to camp. After they've left, an alien emerges from the water, where it had been hiding. Since it overheard the men's conversation, the alien comments about how primitive they are to not even consider that life exists on other worlds. He gets into the iceberg the men had climbed upon, and blasts off in his disguised spaceship not to return until the humans have matured.
- First appearance of long time Thor supporting character and love interest Jane Foster. A caption calls her Jane Nelson.
- Doctor Graham appears again in Thor #394.
- First appearance of of the fictional South American country San Diablo. It also appears in the 2011 Six Guns mini-series.
- The Thor story is reprinted in Essential Thor 1, Marvel Masterworks: Mighty Thor 1, Marvel Tales Annual 3, Target Marvel Heroes Classic 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Journey into Mystery Vol 1 84 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Journey into Mystery series
- Images from Journey into Mystery Vol 1 84
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|