J. Jonah Jameson is the Editor and Chief along with owner of New Yorks leading Newspapers the Daily Bugle. Jameson is loud and boisterious about his opinions he will do anything tell newspapers apart from lying but happy to bend the truth. He turns down Peter Parker for a job, but still uses his pictures and ideas about Spider-Man. Jameson considers Spider-Man a menace or at least a photo-worthy one, but ironically is fond of Peter Parker. He advises Parker with suggestions such as tomato juice to the boy to kill the stench of garbage on him after a photo shoot in a junkyard. He later protects him from the Rhino by bravely covering for him while he can escape. When he learns that Aunt May had a heart attack during the Sinister Six's he says he will tell Parker the news.
Jameson hatred of Spider-Man begins in when the Daily Bugle's story of his son Astronaut, Colonel. John Jameson safely landing the space shuttle despite a broken heat shield is outsold by the Daily Globe story of the fight between Spider-Man and Green Goblin. Jameson also blames Spider-Man for the sudden appearance of super-villains like Doc Ock, the Goblin and Rhino. His assumption is actually correct as Tombstone aka Big Man reveals that at least some of the super-villains were specifically created to occupy Spider Man's time, to allow the miner criminals to carry on their activity.
One of Jameson most famous headlines is "Spider-Man: Threat or Menace?"
Over time his hatred for Spidey gets worse. John Jameson is affected by spores that hitched a ride in the symbiote the spores mutate him providing with superhuman stregth and leaping ability, Jameson convinces his son to be a superhero called Colonel Jupiter and take Spider-Man down. The spores then take over John's mind making him violent and aggressive. Spider-Man uses electricity to get rid of the spores, Jameson then witnesses his son craving the spores powers and he blames Spider-Man his family.
Later Venom aka Venom reveals Spider-Man's identity as Peter Parker, Jonah cannot believe it until he has solid evidence. On Valentines Day Joan, his long suffering wife makes him go to an opera against his will. There after makes an excuse to leave and witnesseses the crime lords battling in the street. The fight consists of Tombstone, Doctor Octopus, and Silvermane.
Spider-Man stops the fight and reveals to the worlds that Tombstone is the Big Man , Jameson accuses Spider-Man of assaulting an outstanding citizen but Frederick Foswell stops him by whispering what really happened in his ear. Jameson annoyed responds by saying "Never mind."
After Norman Osborn tests the Vault security by putting Spider-Man in a cell, Jameson gloats about his imprisonment. After Spider-Man manages to escape his cell, Jameson claims "Spider-Man and all the inmates are working together so they can raise his blood pressure".
- J. Jonah Jameson appears in The Spectacular Spider-Man, voiced by Daran Norris.
- This incarnation of Jameson displays a level of hyperactivity not seen in any of his previous incarnations, as well as an obsession with time, punctuality, and deadlines, likely inspired by J.K. Simmons' popular film portrayal of the character.
- This incarnation of Jameson hates Spider-Man due to the wall crawler's battle with the Green Goblin, published by the Daily Globe, outselling his story about his son landing a damaged shuttle perfectly. Ironically Jameson told Peter to sell the pictures of the battle to the Globe.
- 16 Appearances of John Jonah Jameson (Earth-26496)
- 1 Images featuring John Jonah Jameson (Earth-26496)
- Quotations by or about John Jonah Jameson (Earth-26496)
- Character Gallery: John Jonah Jameson (Earth-26496)
- Fan-Art Gallery: John Jonah Jameson (Earth-26496)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|