Janos Quested is a mutant born with the ability to create tornadoes. In 1962 he was a member of the Hellfire Club, serving as one of Sebastian Shaw's enforcers alongside Azazel, helping to instigate the Cuban Missile Crisis. Following Shaw's death at the hands of Magneto, he (along with the rest of the Hellfire Club mutants) chose to join him as a founding member of the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Whirlwind Creation & Mimicry: Janos is capable of creating and manipulating powerful whirlwinds of various sizes by spinning his hand. He is also capable of using the wind to spin at tremendous speeds, becoming, at best, a human tornado with enough force to toss a submarine and the X-Jet a large distance.
- Riptide is portrayed by Álex González in X-Men: First Class.
- He is never referred on the film by his real name, Janos Quested. The name is given in the credits, however.
- 2 Appearances of Janos Quested (Earth-10005)
- 7 Images featuring Janos Quested (Earth-10005)
- Quotations by or about Janos Quested (Earth-10005)
- Character Gallery: Janos Quested (Earth-10005)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Janos Quested (Earth-10005)
- Characters killed by Riptide
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|