|Real Name||Jack Power|
|Current Alias||Mass Master|
|Aliases||Counterweight, Energizer, Destroyer|
|Relatives||Roy Craig (maternal grandfather);|
Katie Power (sister)
|Base Of Operations||Bainbridge Island, Washington; formerly New York City, New York|
|Origin||Jack received his interchangeable powers from the Kymellian, Aelfyre Whitemane.|
|Place of Birth||Richmond, Virginia|
|Creators||Louise Simonson, June Brigman|
- Your gravity power don't stop you from eating! Julie's lightspeed powers don't stop her! Neither do Katie's energy powers! But me? I'm starving and clouds can't eat!
- -- Jack Power (Earth-616) src
Brash and ornery, Jack Power was the "wild child" of the Power siblings. He frequently insulted and argued with both his teammates and his adversaries. Queen Maraud, Power Pack's archenemy, feared him more than the other children because she thought he would be the most likely to take advantage of the lethal nature of his powers.
However, his bold nature also made him the main fighter on the team. He possessed a tremendous amount of loyalty and courage, and usually kept a cool head even during stressful situations. Jack jumped into the East River to help his sister Katie escape from an ocean liner he even taunted the Snark Jakal who was about to kill him with "Can't even kill someone until Mommy tells you to?!"
Jack was perhaps the most innovative member of the Pack in terms of developing new power variations. When he received new powers, he was able to figure them out quickly and invent new uses for them. He was significantly better at controlling his gravity powers than Alex.
Jack retained his bold personality, and continued to develop new applications of his powers, including a "density field," but he also showed a kinder, gentler side. Jack opted to leave the team to care for his mother.
PowersPrimarily, Jack has the ability to control the density of the molecules of his body. He can disperse his molecules into a dense, cloud-like form, or reduce the space between them until he is a small, highly resistant 8" size. He has also shown the ability to materialize a portion, or just a part of his body, such a his upper body while his lower half is in cloud form. During the "Peer Pressure" Miniseries, Jack revealed that he could now form density fields in the form of shields or force-fields. When his sister Julie had the powers as Molecula, she discovered that she could also assume an 8' form that was nearly intangible, but Jack has never shown this degree on control. Julie was also the first to use a force-field as a shield but Jack was more innovative in his use of the force-field as more than just a shield. As Counterweight, Jack had the gravity manipulation powers, and as Energizer, he had the energy absorption/projection powers.
Normal human child with regular exercise.
- Power Pack Uniform: Energizer wears a special costume made of unstable molecules by the Kymellian Smartship Friday.
The team usually rely on the Kymellian Smartship Friday.
- Power Pack teamed up with the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the Avengers, in a series of stories that take place outside of the mainstream Marvel Universe, Jack returned to his impulsive but heroic personae.
- 107 Appearances of Jack Power (Earth-616)
- Media Jack Power (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 69 Images featuring Jack Power (Earth-616)
- 8 Quotations by or about Jack Power (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Jack Power (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Jack Power (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ "Peer Pressure" miniseries
|Like this? Let us know!|