The third and most powerful of the first suits created by Tony. The Mark III armor was designed and created by Tony Stark after he discovered both the Mark II's icing flaw as well as a short in its power source. It was first used when Stark decided to eliminate the terrorist cell, and his former captors, the Ten Rings. This armor was stored in Stark's Iron Man armor display after a new suit was created when MK III was heavily damaged in a battle against the Iron Monger.
Like every previous Iron Man Armor, this suit is powered by a miniaturized arc reactor. It features even more articulation and sleekness of design than the Mark II armor, as well as a gold-titanium alloy shell (the same used in a Stark Industries satellite 'Seraphim' to improve out-of-atmosphere reliability) and an upgraded power generation unit.
It makes the wearer extraordinarily strong, and resistant to damage even from tank shells and rockets. Equipped with two palm repulsors used for flight control, melee and long distance weapons. Also equipped with an array of missiles with a targeting system run by J.A.R.V.I.S..
- This armor was seen in the 2008 Iron Man feature film and is based on conceptual designs developed by Marvel Comics artist Adi Granov. The armor was also featured in the 2008 Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas limited series. The MK III armor's appearance is similar to that of the Extremis Armor worn by Tony Stark in mainstream Earth-616 continuity.
- The red and gold color combination was inspired by Tony Stark's love for hot rods.
- 10 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK III (Earth-199999)
- 11 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK III (Earth-199999)
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK III (Earth-199999)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK III (Earth-199999)
Links and References