After a disastrous battle with the superhuman criminal known as Mister Doll, Tony Stark came to realize that the Model 1 armor was too cumbersome, especially in his state. To remedy this, Tony designed a sleeker, lightweight armor to combat and defeated Mr. Doll. Realizing its great potential, Tony kept this armor as is and would soon modify it into the armor that would become widely known.
This armor is the first to implement the trademark red and yellow color schemes. Two main helmets were used with this model: the "horned" mask and the riveted helmet. The armor is much more form fitting an sleeker than the previous Model 1 model.
Earth-64087 (Home to Demonic Avengers)
- Armor has at times been referred to as the "Ditko Armor" as it was designed by the Iron Man artist at the time: Steve Ditko.
- No trivia.
More powerful and efficient in use of battery power than the previous armor. Power Pods assisted in power usage.
The horn-masked helmet was temporarily replaced with a rivet-faced one.
Improvements to boot jets granted full flight.
Repulsors and the uni-beam became standard weapon. A sonic emitter was also added.
In addition to radar, the armor also had sonar, a magnetic repellor, and an energy detector.
The armor was compact enough that it could actually be fit inside suitcases, something that would be commonplace for most of Tony's armors in the future.
- 199 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 2
- Media Iron Man Armor Model 2 was Mentioned in
- 21 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 2
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 2
- Fan-Art Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 2
Links and References