Slightly modified version of the MK I armor of painting it in gold to make its appearance not as creepy when Stark realized that the MK I's appearance was frightening to everyone around him. His date Marion who went with Stark at a circus suggested the armor be painted gold like a knight in shining armor which Stark conveniently did.
Stark would keep this armor, even wearing it during the early adventures of the Avengers, but was forced to create the Iron Man Armor MK III after a disastrous battle with Mister Doll nearly killed him.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- The first uni-beam (or monobeam) became functional. It functioned chiefly as a spotlight but could be adapted for a heat ray or a "proton beam".
- Electricity could now be run through the armor's surface.
Power systems were improved. An internal air supply was added.
Boot Jets were improved. Jet-powered roller skates and a propeller for use in water provided enhanced mobility.
The armor's magnetic effects were also boosted. Of note is a beam that could deflect energy.
An impact control switch was used to brace the armor.
Mirrors were used for the first image inducer.
The armor possessed various gadgets: Diamond-edged digging tools, a loudspeaker, "jet stream" discs, freon tablets, tear gas bombs, even a sledgehammer for use against the Hulk.
Radar and a fluoroscope were used as sensors.
Radio communications were enhanced by an antenna and a recorder.
After the initial armor was damaged by the Melter's ray, a variant of the armor was used with an aluminum coating. A second model was also developed while Stark was held by Kala.
- 74 Appearances of Iron Man Armor MK II
- 12 Images featuring Iron Man Armor MK II
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK II
- Fan-Art Gallery: Iron Man Armor MK II
Links and References