- When you carelessly created a Fast Freeze to cool your drink, you killed my begonias! Unforgivable! But I shall spare you because I am merciful.
- --The Mandarin punishing Blizzard.
Appearing in "And the Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead"
- Force Works (First appearance)
- Mandarin (Arnold Brock) (First appearance)
- M.O.D.O.K. (George Tarleton) (First appearance)
- Titanium Man (Boris Bullski) (First appearance)
- Dreadknight (Bram Velsing) (First appearance)
- Blacklash (Mark Scarlotti) (First appearance)
- Blizzard (Donny Gill) (First appearance)
- Grey Gargoyle (Paul Duval) (First appearance)
- Whirlwind (David Cannon) (First appearance)
- Fin Fang Foom (First appearance)
- Karkov (First appearance)
- Earth-534834 (First appearance)
- Iron Man Armor (First appearance)
- War Machine Armor (First appearance)
- Titanium Man Armor (First appearance)
- Mandarin's Rings (First appearance)
- In-Flight Refit Vehicle with Interactive Neuromimetic Gear (IRVING)
Synopsis for "And the Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead"
A United States submarine detects an off-limits submarine to see if there is any trouble. Hypnotia hypnotizes a pair of German men on the submarine, the Prometheus, so they will become an army of slaves to the evil Mandarin in a year. Around the same time, Whirlwind and Dreadknight steal a microchip and give it to Mandarin for his army of the living dead.
A year later, Tony discovers the danger that lurks in the Prometheus and the Mandarin sends out his team of super villains to stop him and Iron Man, who flies to the sunken submarine with the help of the robot IRVING. Mandarin’s team ambushes and captures Iron Man while Iron Man's own team of superheroes, among them War Machine and Century, head to the ocean to save him. This team helps Iron Man escape from both Blacklash's whip and the Mandarin's the alien dragon Fin Fang Foom.
At high noon, the Mandarin finally wakes the Russian sailors, now transformed into radioactive zombie warriors. These zombies invade the Hammer Channel Tunnel in London to infect the population, but Iron Man and his team stops them by flooding the tunnel and Century returns them back to normal once they surface. Modok calls in the most powerful and destructive cyber-organism in the Universe, Titanium Man, to once again try to finish off Iron Man. Iron Man's team had thought they had defeated the villain at Magnitogorsk, but Iron Man and War Machine defeat the returned villain and they send it back into space.
- No special notes.
The episode's title comes from Revelation 20:13: "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
- Discuss "And the Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead" on the forums
- Gallery for the Iron Man: The Animated Series series
Links and References