- Mandarin's Titanomech is almost done. In the morning, Ezekiel... You and I go to war.
- -- Tony Stark
Appearing in "The Future Part 2: Rings"Edit
- Mandarin (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Blizzard (Don Gill)
- Crimson Dynamo (Galina Nemirovsky)
- Titanium Man (Boris Bullski)
- Firepower (Jack Taggert)
- Living Laser (Arthur Parks)
- Whirlwind (David Cannon)
- Vibro (Alton Vibreaux)
- Mauler (Brendon Doyle)
- Detroit Steel Corps
- United States of America
- Iron Man Armor Model 40
- Iron Man Armor Mark 1616
- Mandarin's Rings (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Titanomech (partial construction)
- Arc Reactor
- Ultra-Dynamo Armor
Synopsis for "The Future Part 2: Rings"Edit
The Mandarin sends his super powered minions to collect the Titanomech materials. One team, Titanium Man and Whirldwind steal data in Vancouver, but Iron Man interrupts them. Detroit Steel Corps shows up to grab the glory, and Iron Man must fight them off as well.
In Seattle, J.A.R.V.I.S. wakes Pepper, and she takes off to help in Vancouver.
In Mandarin City, a worried Zeke is being operated on to modify his enhancements in some way, but Tony causes confusion about some procedures being mixed up. The Mandarin is amused with his desperation - though he believes that Tony, despite his ability to nudge his mind, still thinks he is going to win. He decides to tell the story of how he found the rings, and that they each contain the essence of long-dead warriors of cosmic legend - these essences push the Mandarin to find ways to resurrect them, by finding them new vessels. Tony doesn't know whether to believe it.
Iron Man wrestles free of Sasha's energy whips, and makes a tactical retreat with the mechs on his heels. Rescue arrives, protecting him with a force bubble as she wants a piece of him too. Detroit Steel reinforcements are on their way, so Rescue and Iron Man make a run for it. Safe atop the Seattle Space Needle, she again confronts him about his identity and the mixture of Stark, Resilient, A.I.M. and S.H.I.E.L.D tech in his suit. He assures her that if they are alive when this is all over, they can look back and laugh at it all.
Zeke is back on his feet, weakened - but the clipboard mix was a ruse to make the surgeons remove the bomb and the Mandarin's controls. Now he and Stark can fight back.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade Invincible Iron Man: The Future.
- • THE FUTURE for Tony Stark is here now
• You think YOUR boss is bad? Try working for THE MANDARIN…
• The new IRON MAN vs RESCUE…?
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 522 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Invincible Iron Man series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|