Appearing in "The Man in the Box"Edit
- Maria Hill
- Stark Resilient
- Detroit Steel (Doug Johnson)
- Hammer Industries
- Ezekiel Stane/139
- Agent Christopher Walsh
- General Bruce Babbage
- Repulsor Car Model II
Synopsis for "The Man in the Box"Edit
Maria Hill calls Tony Stark's technical crew on the ground. Seeing as how critical the situation is down there, Hill decides to personally intervene and orders her assistant Walsh to get a kill switch and legal authorization to nullify all cellular activity in Seattle.
The clock is racing and so is Stark, as he drives his repulsor-powered car to avoid Detroit Steel and his remote-controlled drone wing mates and hope that his gambit pays off before Pepper's time limit till her organs can't support themselves ends. He briefly evades his pursuers in a parking lot, before Hill cuts the transmission to the drones. Once the drones starting crashing, Stark remotely reboots Pepper's repulsor rig, allowing her to regain consciousness.
Hill gives General Babbage a call, instructing him that he tell Hammer Industries to refrain attempting to assassinate Stark. At that moment, Stark gets out of his car to face Detroit Steel but he can't make a shot without authorization. Babbage then calls the Hammers, warning them to call off Detroit Steel or else he'll confess to everything they've been doing. Reluctantly, the Hammers agree and decide to throw Stark off another day.
Detroit Steel and Stark gather for media attention, playing off the whole drone affair as a terrorist attack.
Rhodey and Hill meet with Babbage. Rhodey agrees to bring War Machine back into the military fold. But the whole purpose of the meeting is to place Rhodey as a mole in the military to keep an eye on Babbage.
Justine Hammer negotiates with Babbage to secure the release of a particular prisoner. And that person happens to be Ezekiel Stane, whom they bring to meet Sasha's father -- the Mandarin!
Using footage from the attack, Stark Resilient is able to play a commercial detailing their car.
Appearing in "Good Morning, Tony"Edit
Synopsis for "Good Morning, Tony"Edit
Tony Stark goes about his daily routines; shower, coffee, driving... the images overlayed with information graphs about temperature, cell phone volumes, car speeds, running software, daily schedules as if Stark reads them via Extremis and not from their displays. He receives a million emails, then gets called off on an Avengers mission. After kicking bad guy butts with the Avengers, he eats lunch in the park, then uses his boot jets to impress a cute girl. He takes her out, and barely pays attention to what she says during dinner. Pepper attempts to call him repeatedly. He takes the girl home, but after, lies sleepless, eying his phone. Pepper calls again, Tony smiles and picks up this time. He thinks fondly of Pepper, she doesn't seem to know what to think of him. He thinks of the girl he just took home. The next morning he wakes up, staring himself in the mirror as the morning before.
- Sashe Hammer's father is revealed to be the Mandarin.
- This issue is reprinted in Invincible Iron Man: Stark Resilient Part 2.
- The FINALE TO STARK: RESILIENT is here! Tony Stark must outrace Detroit Steel and a fleet of Hammer Murderdrones or it's the end of everything -- of him, his company, his legacy, and of the Iron Man itself. The only thing more shocking than the first 19 pages are the last 3. The end of the past is HERE. The birth of the future is NOW. The End Of All Things is just around the corner and it's got Tony Stark dead in its sights…
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 33 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Invincible Iron Man series
- Images from Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 33
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|