- Pepper, dammit--
- -- Tony Stark
Appearing in "Stark Resilient Part 3: This is What We Do"Edit
Synopsis for "Stark Resilient Part 3: This is What We Do"Edit
Tony talks with Pepper, who wants her repulsor disc and her Rescue suit back. At first, Tony is reluctant, but Pepper states that she wants a new suit, just like Tony's. Despite this, Tony replies that he doesn't want to lose Pepper. Pepper says the he won't lose her, and then she asks him if he remembers anything about his time on the run. Although he denies this, Tony remembers the time when he kissed Pepper. Tony tells Pepper that she is the new COO of Stark Resilient, so she needs to find a way to prevent her time in the field from compromising her obligations to the company, then, they will talk. Pepper replies that she knew he would say that.
Tony and Pepper meet with Bambi Arbogast, who wants to return to Stark's company. Tony tells her that Stark Resilient is still a young company and it cannot afford to pay employees, but Argobast still insists in helping.
Meanwhile, in Tokyo, a group of mercenaries is attacking a subway station. However, Detroit Steel appears and stops them, while Justine and Sasha Hammer watch.
Pepper is prepared for a surgery that will place an electromagnetic battery inside her so that she can pilot the Rescue armor. Tony and Arbogast watch the surgery as they received an emergency call from Tokyo. Tony then finds Rhodey, dressed in his War Machine armor. Rhodey tells him that maybe he should walk away while he still can. But Tony says that he doesn't want to walk away. They will go to Tokyo, because that is what they do.
General Babbage watches the happenings in Tokyo and calls Justine Hammer, who tells him that the Japanese government has signed on with them. General Babbage then calls the Secretary of Defense and tells him that they are getting into business with Hammer Industries.
Iron Man and War Machine then fly to Tokyo.
- This issue is reprinted in Invincible Iron Man: Stark Resilient Part 1.
- The Eisner-award winning Iron Man is back, riding high on the biggest movie of the summer! But when an enhanced armor terror attack puts Tokyo and her citizens on the brink, it's the invincible…Detroit Steel to the rescue? Halfway around the world, Tony Stark has his hands full when Pepper goes under the knife, and we welcome back a familiar face as Stark Resilient makes its first new hire. Meanwhile, the insidious Hammer girls keep making moves in the destructive game they're playing. Will the new Stark survive the trip to the launch pad, let alone ever get off the ground? Not looking great.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Invincible Iron Man series
- Images from Invincible Iron Man Vol 1 27
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|