- What place is this? And who hath dared draw the Thunder God here, from the midst of battle 'gainst the foes of Asgard? Speak mortals -- for such I see ye be! Speak -- or face the wrath of Thor!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Thunder in the East!"Edit
Synopsis for "Thunder in the East!"Edit
In England, Nazi saboteurs attempt to destroy three experimental Achilles super-tanks. The Invaders fight up against them, but two of the tanks are destroyed during the course of battle, one of which is destroyed by Prince Namor. After rounding up the saboteurs, the Invaders are greeted by General Moore who expresses the importance of safeguarding the last remaining Achilles tank. He instructs them to bring it to Russia so the Allies can begin mass production.
Meanwhile in Berlin, Adolf Hitler and his men use a device that can view other dimensions. They learn of Asgard and witness the God of Thunder in pitched battle. Hitler believes that if such a being were fighting on behalf of the Third Reich, then their victory against the Allies would be assured.
Using the device, they spirit Thor away from his native realm and bring him inside Hitler's bunker. Hitler provides Thor with a heavily biased explanation of the war and convinces him to fight on behalf of Germany.
Later, the Invaders arrive in Russia with the Achilles tank. They intercept a squadron of Nazi fighter planes attacking a passenger train. They defeat the pilots and safeguard the train which is carrying Josef Stalin. Suddenly, Thor arrives on the battlefield to fight the Invaders.
- Kupperberg provides a cover layout.
- Thor chronologically appeared last in Black Panther (Volume 3) #47.
- Includes a cameo flashback of Donar from Invaders #2. Donar was a false interpretation of the Teutonic God of thunder and lightning and serves as an analog to Thor.
- The true identity of the bandaged scientist Hans is revealed next issue.
- In reality, Adolf Hitler really was a fan of the works of Richard Wagner, in particular, Götterdämmerung, the last of four operas in the Der Ring des Nibelungen cycle.
- Captain America image gallery
- Captain America appearances list
- Captain America quotes page
- Human Torch image gallery
- Human Torch appearances list
- Human Torch quotes page
- Spitfire image gallery
- Spitfire quotes page
- Sub-Mariner image gallery
- Sub-Mariner appearances list
- Sub-Mariner quotes page
- Union Jack image gallery
- Union Jack appearances list
- Union Jack quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Invaders Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Invaders series
- Images from Invaders Vol 1 32
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|