- Stand aside kiddies, while Goliath does his thing!
Appearing in "And in This Corner... the Avengers!"Edit
- Loki (Only in flashback)
- Thor (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man (Only in flashback)
- Ant Man (Only in flashback)
- Wasp (Only in flashback)
- Mole Man (Mention)
- Tyranus (Mention)
- Arkon (Mention)
- Gammatron Bombarder (First appearance)
- Iron Man Armor MK II (Only in flashback)
- Mjolnir (Only in flashback)
- Gammatron Bombarder
Synopsis for "And in This Corner... the Avengers!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Still trapped beneath the Earth following his encounter with Tyrannus and the Mole Man, the Hulk wanders around aimlessly trying to find a way back to the surface, but to no avail. Fed up of the constant wanderings, the Hulk begins trying to smash his way out. His actions do not go unnoticed on the surface, where the military has been tracking the Hulk's progress and have found that he is smashing his way to San Andreas Fault, which if pummelled by the Hulk would risk causing the who west coast to fall into the Pacific Ocean.
In order to deal with this threat the General Ross has his men prepare the Gammatron Bombarder and calls upon the Avenger to aid the military in stopping the Hulk. Answering the call are the Avengers Goliath, Black Panther, Quicksilver, Vision, and the Scarlet Witch. After briefing the group leaves with the military aboard an aircraft with the Gammatron Bombarder device. They track the Hulk to his very location and find no means of getting into the underground caverns below. The Hulk meanwhile, has once more become enraged at being trapped and strikes the walls of the cavern he is in. The blows cause an earthquake on the surface destroying the Gammatron device. The Avengers send the immaterial Vision down to try and engage the Hulk.
The Vision confronts the Hulk, and naturally the confused monster attacks the Avenger, who defends himself with his powers. He goads the Hulk into plowing through the roof of the cave and breaking through to the surface. There the Hulk is attacked by the Avengers, whom he manages to keep the Avengers at bay when they attack him one by one. However, when they put in a united from, their attacks disorientate the Hulk. When the Hulk tries to throw a helicopter at them, the Scarlet Witch fires a hex bolt at it causing the copter to explode, jarring the Hulk enough for Goliath to swat him.
As the battle is raging, Quicksilver and Black Panther have repaired the Gammatron Bombarder device, and Goliath manages to lure the Hulk between the device. Activating the weapon, the Avengers bombard the Hulk with super-strong gamma rays. This in turn weakens the Hulk momentarily, however the jade giant manages to withstand the beams and force them back into the device causing it to explode. With the Avengers partially disorientated due to the explosion, the Hulk tries to escape however is weakened enough that his jump is too weak and he falls into the woods not far away.
Unaware of this, the Avengers and the military depart believing that the Hulk is probably miles away, passing by the once more unconscious Hulk who has reverted back to his Bruce Banner persona.
- The Hulk is traveling through Subterranea under the American midwest and probably emerges in California. He was intercepted not too far from the San Andreas Fault.
- Wanda Maximoff notes the loss of her mutant power this issue. She can only muster her "hex" by raising both of her hands and the result is unpredictable. She refers to this power as a "hex spherre" Her powers will remain so until she goes under the tutelae of Agatha Harkness in Avengers #128.
- This issue contains a letters page, Green Skin's Grab Bag. Letters are published from Alvin Styles, Michael J. Susko, Delbert Wheeler, Ketih Gallup, Gary Silberstein, Gary Pagel, and Nadine Bell.
- No trivia.
- Hulk image gallery
- Hulk chronology page
- Hulk quotes page
- Betty Ross Banner chronology page
- General Ross chronology page
- Glenn Talbot chronology page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Vol 1 128 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Incredible Hulk series
- Images from Incredible Hulk Vol 1 128
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|