Appearing in "A Refuge Divided!"Edit
- Evil Inhumans
Synopsis for "A Refuge Divided!"Edit
As the Hulk wanders the South Asian country side, there is a trail going on in the Hidden Land of the Inhumans. Black Bolt is trying a number of his subjects: Aiero, Leonus, Falcona, Neublo, Timberius, and Stallior for the crime of treason, a crime they are found guilty and Black Bolt have them banished to another dimension which is facilitated by Lockjaw.
Later, Lockjaw appears on the mountains where the Hulk is fighting off some panicked villagers. The Hulk attacks Lockjaw, who promptly teleports Hulk to the dimension where the evil Inhumans have been banished. The evil Inhumans try to befriend the Hulk, who tries to break out. Maximus arrives and recruits them all to his plan to overthrow Black Bolt, and teleports them all back to the Hidden Land. The Hulk, not wanting to get involved in Maximus' plot breaks free and begins smashing his way through the Inhumans home. This provides the Maximus the distraction he needs to get the weapon he seeks to use to overthrow Black Bolt: A device created by ancient Inhuman scientist Romnar, that can absorb people.
However, they realize the only one with the power to break through the barrier is the Hulk, and so Nebulo tricks the Hulk into helping them break the barrier and gain access to Romnar's device. Building a ray-gun to use the device, the evil Inhumans use it to attack Black Bolt, while the Hulk is let loose upon the Hidden Land once more. Black Bolt is able to defeat them when they cannot stop squabbling and are all fighting for control over the Romnar device to use for their own ideals of conquest. To try and get back in Black Bolt's good graces, the evil Inhumans try to stop the Hulk along with Gorgon, however it takes the might of Black Bolt to stop the Hulk's rampaging.
Realizing that the Hulk is an outcast seeking a home, Black Bolt invites him to stay in the Hidden Land, however the Hulk knows that while the Black Bolt accepts the Hulk all the other Inhumans fears and hates him, and so the Hulk leaves the Hidden Land to find his own place in a world that fears and hates him.
- Cover art: pencils, inks, colours and letters by Steranko, Severin redrew the Hulk's face.
- This issue is reprinted in Essential Hulk, Volume 2.
- This issue is alternately regarded as Incredible Hulk Annual #1. These yearly one-shots are labeled as Specials until issue #5, where the numbering continues as Hulk Annual.
- This issue takes place between Incredible Hulk #108 and Incredible Hulk #109.
- This issue includes a Hulk pin-up page featuring artwork by eleven different illustrators.
- The cover to this issue is re-imagined for the cover to Incredible Hulk (Volume 2) #34.
- The cover is also payed homage to in Cable (Volume 2) #9.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Incredible Hulk Special Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Incredible Hulk Special series
- Images from Incredible Hulk Special Vol 1 1
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 1)
- Incredible Hulk (Volume 2)
- Defenders (Volume 1)
- Defenders (Volume 2)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 1)
- Rampaging Hulk (Volume 2)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Incredible Hulk profile at Wikipedia
- Incredible Hulk profile at Marvel Universe
- Incredible Hulk profile at Toonopedia
- Incredible Hulk series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Incredible Hulk series index at CBDB
- Incredible Hulk series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Hulk Library
|Like this? Let us know!|