|Real Name||Hugh Fitzwilliam Dare|
|Current Alias||Sir Steel|
|Affiliation||Freedom's Five, Partner of Silver Squire|
|Base Of Operations||Europe during World War I|
|Occupation||Member of the Freedom Five; former blacksmith|
|Creators||Roy Thomas, Frank Robbins|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
In 1917, when the Freedom's Five were in their base planning an attack on a mad scientist called Dr. Ursula Frankenstein, the heroes received a message that mysterious creatures were attacking the streets of London, which were later revealed to be invaders from Mars. The invasion was repelled with the help of a mysterious team with high-tech led by a man later identified as Eben Stafford, and the aliens were forced to flee.
He died in 1919, during an influenza epidemic.
He was an excellent swordsman and hand-to-hand combatant.
Sir Steel wore a full platemail suit of armour
He brandished a sword.
- Despite having been named in Vampires: The Marvel Undead #1, he appeared as Ned Chapel in All-New Invaders #12. Though this may seem to suggest that the two are different characters, there has been no proof that the original Sir Steel had been replaced.
- 4 Appearances of Hugh Dare (Earth-616)
- Media Hugh Dare (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Hugh Dare (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Hugh Dare (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Hugh Dare (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Hugh Dare (Earth-616)
- Sir Steel at the Marvel Apppendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|