- You cannot have children. You never could. Now stop abusing your mutant powers and put it back. You're only hurting yourself.
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Warbird (Carol Danvers)
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams)
- New Avengers
- Janet van Dyne
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson)
- "Edwin Jarvis"
- Vision (In an illusion or vision)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) (In an illusion or vision)
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams) (In an illusion or vision)
- Magneto (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) (In an illusion or vision)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (In an illusion or vision)
- Tommy Maximoff (In an illusion or vision)
- Billy Maximoff (In an illusion or vision)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (HoM) (First appearance)
- Gwen Stacy (HoM) (First appearance)
- Captain America's Shield
- Extremis Armor
- Cloak of Levitation (In an illusion or vision)
- Cyclops' Visor
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
The story starts in the real world as Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, subconsciously uses her powers to give birth, with Magneto, Doctor Strange, Vision, and others around her. Professor X barges in and tells her they do not exist and she changes reality back so it is just her and him. She then shows remorse over what she accidentally did to the Avengers and her own husband. Xavier leaves the room to talk to Magneto about her lack of progress in regaining her mind. Magneto blames himself for failing his children just for his own selfish goals and flies off.
Meanwhile back in America, Ms. Marvel, Wonder Man and Falcon reminisce over old times before entering the Avengers Tower. Meanwhile the X-Men (Wolverine, Emma Frost, Beast, Shadowcat, Cyclops and Colossus) land on the roof of the tower and enter to find the New Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Luke Cage and the Sentry), some of the original Avengers (She-Hulk, Yellowjacket and Wasp), Doctor Strange and Professor X (as well as the Avengers who entered earlier). Xavier explains they need to determine the fate of Wanda Maximoff.
Back in Genosha, Quicksilver argues with Magneto over what is happening in New York. Magneto shouts at his son and asks what would he have him do. As Quicksilver breaks down crying, Magneto can only stare at Wanda's sleeping form.
Back at the Avengers Tower, many of the heroes are opposed to killing Wanda. Captain America asserts that there is always a way, despite Wolverine finding it unlikely. Even Xavier and Doctor Strange have had little success in helping her. Emma is more concerned over what would happen if it got out that Wanda had killed the Avengers: it would send mutant-human relations back to the Stone Age. Wasp suggests that they got to Genosha and hear what Wanda has to say.
On arrival, Xavier disappears and the others go to search for him, they all disappear one by one until Spider-Man disappears into a bright light. Peter awakes to the sound of a baby crying and as it is normal, gets up to see to it, leaving his wife, Gwen Stacy, in bed.
- The cover art is homaged in:
- New Avengers #45 (November 2008).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss House of M Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the House of M series
- Images from House of M Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|