|Hogun the Grim|
|Current Alias||Hogun the Grim|
|Affiliation||Gods of Asgard, Warriors Three; formerly the Lost Gods|
|Base Of Operations||Asgard, Asgardian Realm|
|Identity||No Dual Identity|
|Occupation||Adventurer, Warrior of Asgard, former bodyguard|
|Unusual Features||Black Mustache|
|Place of Birth||Unnamed Land conquered by Mogul of the Mystic Mountain, Asgard Dimension|
|Creators||Stan Lee, Jack Kirby|
- BAH! My final answer would be, "Passeth me the million dollars now 'ere I separate they babbling head from thy shoulders, Regis!"
- -- Hogun src
Hogun the Grim was an Asgardian warrior and member of the Warriors Three a trio of Asgardian adventurers consisting of himself, Fandral the Dashing, and Volstagg the Voluminous. He was an ally to Thor ever since the thunder god's youth. They first met when the Warriors Three joined Thor's expedition to restore the Odinsword that had become cracked.
Unlike most Asgardians, he was not an Aesir, but stems from a land conquered long ago by Mogul of the Mystic Mountain. He was a very quiet man, combined however with a flaring temper.
Hogun was one of the first victims to die. But with the rest of the Warriors Three, he was resurrected from one of three African guards by Thor.
- Asgardian Physiology: Hogun possesses various superhuman attributes common to all Asgardians;
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Hogun is superhumanly strong. His strength is somewhat greater than the average male Asgardian and he can lift about 35 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Hogun can run and move at speeds superior to that of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hogun's advanced musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a human. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him, which is about average for an Asgardian.
- Superhuman Durability: Hogun's body is much harder and more resistant to injury than the body of a human. Hogun can withstand powerful impact forces, falls from great heights, and exposure to temperature and pressure extremes without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Agility:
- Superhuman Reflexes:
- Superhumanly Dense Tissue: Hogun's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have about 3 times the density as the bodily tissue of a human being. This contributes, at least somewhat, to Hogun's superhuman strength and his weight.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his body's resistance to injury, like all Asgardians, he isn't physically invulnerable. If injured, his body can rapidly repair damaged tissue with much greater efficiency than an ordinary human. Like the vast majority of Asgardians, however, Hogun can't regenerate severed limbs or missing organs, at least not without the aid of powerful magical assistance.
- Extended Longevity: Like all other Asgardians, Hogun ages at an extremely slow pace compared to humans, though he isn't immortal in the same sense as some other god pantheons. Nonetheless, he is still immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Hogun is an excellent hand to hand combatant and horseman. He is also an expert in all forms of Asgardian weaponry, particularly the mace. 
- Allspeak: Thanks to the Allspeak Asgardians can communicate in all of the languages of the Nine Realms, Earth's dialects, and various alien languages.
- Hridgandr: his mace. Various weaponry common to Asgard such as swords, shields, and maces. 
- 388 Appearances of Hogun (Earth-616)
- Media Hogun (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 58 Images featuring Hogun (Earth-616)
- 7 Quotations by or about Hogun (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Hogun (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Hogun (Earth-616)
- Hogun at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #119
- ↑ Thor Vol 3 #4
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #18
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #14
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #1
|Like this? Let us know!|