Unnamed wife (deceased);
Unnamed son (deceased);
Unnamed daughter (deceased);
Unnamed daughter (deceased);
Unnamed foster parents;
Loki (paternal grandfather);
Tess Black (aunt);
Fenris Wolf (uncle);
Narvi (uncle, deceased);
Vali (uncle, deceased);
Laufey (paternal great-grandfather, deceased);
Farbauti (paternal great-grandmother);
Ajax, Atalanta, Cassiopeia, Delphi, Hector, Paris, Perseus, Ulysses, Prometheus (unspecified relatives)
|Base Of Operations||The Mount, Arizona; formerly Germany; Dachau Camp|
|Place of Birth||Germany|
|Creators||Peter David, Dale Keown|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
|Incredible Hulk #379||Incredible Hulk #425|
Achilles, himself gassed, realized he was immortal and was thrown into a mass grave containing the corpses of the other victims of the camp.
Agamemnon recruited Helmut to serve as an operative for the Pantheon near the end of World War II while Agamemnon was on one of his hiatuses from the Pantheon which he usually takes every 50 years or so. Helmut took the name Achilles due to his powers, Helmut became a member of the Pantheon's elite fighting team, often participating in field missions.
Achilles was the one who recruited Walter Charles into the Pantheon becoming his mentor. Agamemnon had ordered Jason to murder the original Ulysses. Achilles took the job instead and arranged for Ulysses and Walter Charles to find Nathan Taylor (Paris) during the Watts Riots in 1959. Achilles used a Pantheon weapon to kill Ulysses. Achilles then ensured that Walter would take Ulysses's codename and place within the Pantheon.
Achilles resented Agamemnon inviting the Hulk to join the Pantheon. Achilles weakness turned out to be low level gamma rays. Achilles began a romance with fellow Pantheon member Atalanta. Paris ensured that Achilles and Atalanta would be caught by the mentally disabled Ajax who had feelings for Atalanta.
When it was discovered that Agamemnon had betrayed the Pantheon only Achilles stayed loyal to Agamemnon. Agamemnon died during a duel with Ulysses.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Achilles is a human, asgardian hybrid, providing various advantages over other humans.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his Asgardian heritage he has superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: His musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a human. m.
- Dense Tissue: Due to his Asgardian heritage his bodily tissues have about 3 times the density of the bodily tissues of a human.
- Superhuman Durability: His body is much harder and more resistant to damage than the body of a human being. He can withstand great impact forces, falls from great heights, powerful energy blasts, and exposure to extremes in both temperature and pressures without sustaining injury.
- Extended Longevity: Due to his Asgardian heritage he ages much slower then an average person. He is also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If he is injured, his Asgardian metabolism enables him to repair damages tissue much faster and much more extensively than a human being. However, he can't regenerate severed limbs or missing organs.
Helmut is sensitive to a specific low-level gamma radiation, such as was found in the body of the Hulk, which breaks down his invulnerability.
Often, he wears a personal combat suit made of an unknown metal, increasing his strength.
- 27 Appearances of Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616)
- Media Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Achilles (Helmut) (Earth-616)
- Danny Wall's Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|