- Hello, daughter. We saved the universe again. It didn't come cheap.
- -- Drax
Appearing in "Seconds Out"Edit
- Guardians of the Galaxy
Synopsis for "Seconds Out"Edit
The time-lost Guardians are caught up to their knees in this Magus-ruled future. Then suddenly, they are rescued by Kang the Conqueror and an entire flock of Starhawks. Taking refuge in Kang's dwelling place called Limbo, where he restores the Guardians to their rightful ages, he explains that they must stop Adam Warlock when he becomes the Magus. He gives them a Cosmic Cube to expand the time window they need to kill Adam after he stops the Fault from expanding. He personally can't go back to stop Magus, otherwise he'll see him coming. But they are anomalies in time and unlikely to be noticed.
Unfortunately, the Church of Universal Truth forces storm Limbo, forcing Kang to send the Guardians back to their rightful time. They arrive just in time to stop Phyla-Vell from assassinating Adam. Star-Lord, armed with the Cube, then attempts to convince Adam to prevent his evil side from awakening. But it is too late, as Magus surfaces. He kills Gamora, Phyla, Cosmo, Mantis and Major Victory when they attempt to stop him. Drax attempts to kill him the same way he did with Thnaos: by pulling out his heart. But,
being a magical being, Magus easily regenerates. With no choice left, Star-Lord uses the cube to repress Magus, before killing him. While the Church templeships explode all around them due to the death of their leader, the Guardians return to Knowhere to tell Moondragon of the losses they sustained.
- No special notes.
- Will Kang Conquer the Guardians? Rocked by the aftershocks of War of Kings, Star-Lord’s team – now castaways across shattered timelines – are desperate to find a route home before all possible futures fuse into one dark nightmare! Guest-starring the original Guardians of the Galaxy (sort of) and the infamous time-traveling despot who may be their only hope! Yes, it’s more sci-fi shenanigans from the book that has ComicBookResources.com raving, “Abnett and Lanning do an amazing job of delivering a quick-moving, jam-packed, high-octane, bombastic epic.”
- Among the multiversal legion of Starhawks can be seen one resembling Groot, one resembling Captain America, a lizard, an ape, a dog, one resembling Wolverine, one resembling Spider-Man, and one resembling Thor.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Guardians of the Galaxy series
- Images from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 19
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|