|Real Name||Graydon Creed|
|Relatives||Victoria Creed (grandmother, deceased);|
Rogue (foster sister);
|Affiliation||Friends of Humanity, Human Council, Upstarts, Purifiers|
|Occupation||Former presidential candidate, politician, subversive|
|Origin||Human resurrected by the Techno-Organic Virus, turned into a Sentinel by Bastion|
|Creators||Scott Lobdell, Brandon Peterson|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
(First appearance as Graydon Creed)
|X-Force Vol 3 #28|
- My "Father" and I were not as...close...as you and yours, apparently.
- -- Graydon Creed src
Posing as German spy Leni Zauber, Mystique seduced freelance assassin Victor Creed while he was in Germany on a mission. Mystique later gave birth to a normal human child - Graydon - whom she gave up for adoption, although she kept an eye on him.
When Graydon learned of his heritage, that he was the son of two mutants who had abandoned him as an inconvenience, he grew resentful of all mutants, and that resentment colored his outlook for the rest of his life.
Friends of Humanity
In his adult years, Graydon formed a group called the Friends of Humanity, dedicated to opposing mutant civil rights by committing acts of terrorism against peaceful mutants and mutant sympathizers, and using the acts of violent mutants such as Magneto to rally support for their cause. He was also a member of the Upstarts, a group of well-connected murderous youths who were being manipulated by the telepathic Gamesmaster for his own amusement.
At a rally for Graydon's hopeful presidential candidacy, an assassin shot and killed him.  A future version of Mystique had fired the shot, having sworn to kill Graydon for his part in the Friends of Humanity's brutal attack on Trevor Chase, the grandson of her lover Destiny.
A group of Purifiers later dug up the corpse of Graydon Creed and took his body their base where it was re-animated by Bastion using the techno-organic virus taken from an "offspring" of Magus. This resulted in Graydon being resurrected and gaining abilities that Cable had when he was infected by a techno organic virus. Later he died again in the battle against X-Men.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
|Power Grid |
|* Heightened durability as Tribune|
- Superhuman Strength
- Scott Lobdell had originally planned for the Askani Sisterhood to be responsible for Creed's assassination, and even hinted that there were members of the Askani infiltrated on Creed's campaign.
- It was revealed in X-Force Vol 3 #3, that Creed's "mutants killed" count is 147.
- 52 Appearances of Graydon Creed (Earth-616)
- Media Graydon Creed (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Graydon Creed (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Graydon Creed (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Graydon Creed (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Graydon Creed (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|