|Relatives||Bor (father in law)|
Loki (foster son)
|Base Of Operations||Asgard|
|Identity||No Dual Identity|
|Occupation||Queen of Asgard|
|Place of Death||Asgard|
|Creators||Ashley Miller, Mark Prostosevich, Zak Stentz|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
(April 21, 2011 (Australia)
April 27, 2011)
|Thor: The Dark World|
(October 30, 2013)
- He kept the truth from you so you would never feel different. You are our son, Loki, and we your family.
- -- Frigga src
Frigga is an Asgardian and is married to Odin, the ruler of Asgard. She raised two sons; Thor, the child she bore, and Loki, the child Odin brought back with him from Jotunheim. Always placing a high value on her familial relationships, she was present at Odin's side when Laufey entered Odin's bedchamber to assassinate the slumbering king. She attacked Laufey's henchman, killing him in a single strike, but the more experienced Laufey quickly overpowered her and tossed her away, leaving her helpless to protect her husband any further. Fortunately for Odin, Loki chose that moment to strike, killing the intruder instead.
Frigga's two sons were drawn into a bitter fight as a result of Loki's machinations, and Frigga suffered a great loss when Loki apparently perished. Her sadness was deepened further in watching Thor's torment, both at his inability to save his brother and the choice he had made to save a world at the cost of severing contact with his love still on Earth.
Following Loki's attack on Earth and his subsequent imprisonment, Frigga constantly visited her foster son in prison, providing him with reading material and trying to reassure him that she still loved him. When Jane Foster was brought to Asgard after being possessed by the Aether, Frigga took care of her, but when the Dark Elves attacked, Frigga fought to the death to prevent Malekith and Algrim from claiming her. Her death inspired Thor and Loki to work together to stop Malekith, Thor recognizing that Frigga's death was the one catalyst that could get Loki working with him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Longevity: As an Asgardian, Frigga possesses a natural lifespan of approximately five-thousand years.
- Superior Reflexes: Frigga's mobility and co-ordination are honed to the levels of an athlete.
- Arcane Lore: Frigga has knowledge of Asgardian techniques for creating realistic illusions. She has demonstrated the ability to create a flawless decoy of a person in her vicinity, and has also sent an animated image of herself to another location within the Asgardian palace. In both cases the optical illusions had accompanying projected sound.
- Swordsmanship: Frigga has advanced martial training with long blades, and uses a longsword in a reverse-grip with a highly mobile low stance.
- 6 Appearances of Frigga (Earth-199999)
- Media Frigga (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Frigga (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Frigga (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Frigga (Earth-199999)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Frigga (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|