- Are you watching from your pit in Hell, father? Do you understand now? That it was always my destiny...never yours. The Red Skull's failure will be his daughter's triumph...and I will reshape this world.
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo)
- Thule Society (Only in flashback)
- Igor (Only in flashback)
- Nazis (Only in flashback)
- Baron Strucker (Wolfgang von Strucker) (Only in flashback)
- Security drones
- unidentified monster (Only in flashback)
- Atlanteans (Only in flashback)
- Invaders (Only in flashback)
- Red Skull's hidden desert base (Destruction)
- Germany (Only in flashback)
- Antarctica (Only in flashback)
- "Book of the Skull" (First appearance); (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Hammer of Skadi (First appearance); (Only in flashback)
- Atlantean Imperial Jet Craft (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Baron Zemo and Sin are traveling through the Egyptian desert, hoping to locate her father's hidden vault. They get past all the booby traps and defenses left behind. Inside the cave, they find a book, which Sin claims details her father's greatest failure.
In a flashback to 1942, the Red Skull is attempting to perform a magical ritual involving Atlanteans. Once the ritual is complete, something falls from the sky, but not at the Skull's castle.
The next day, the Invaders discover the Atlantean corpses. Enraged, Namor finds one of the Skull's henchmen and demand to know the reason for the sacrifices.
The Skull and Baron von Strucker travel to Antarctica, followed by the Invaders, determined to have whatever fell to Earth to win World War II. The Invaders are then suddenly attacked by a demon. They defeat the demon with the Skull's unintentional help. The Invaders then leave, thinking that they foiled the Skull's plan.
Meanwhile, the Skull tells Strucker that they have the unidentified object in a box bound for the Fuhrer. It is a lie. The object they were looking for is an ancient hammer, which no one could lift.
Back in the present, the cave starts to collapse. Sin and Zemo are able to escape. However, Sin then turns on Zemo, destroying his teleportation device and stealing his hovercraft to escape. Zemo comments that Sin played the game well and just made a new enemy.
- No special notes.
- All the Red Skull's terrible secrets and plans are in the hands of his evil daughter, Sin, who's intent on outdoing her father... Now find out about the Skull's most-dangerous World War II mission, that he risked everything for...and how it's going to tear the Marvel Universe apart today. FEAR ITSELF starts here...in the darkest secrets of the past!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1
- Reviews about Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
Weekly Video ReviewEdit
This review is of Fear Itself: Book of the Skull, and I gave it a 2/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 06:39, March 25, 2011 (UTC)