- In other words, gang... ...look out, world, the Fantastic Four are back!
- -- Human Torch
Appearing in "Vive la Fantastique!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
- The Ruined (First appearance)
- Martyr (Yvette Diamonde) (First appearance)
- Stem (Aaron Starr) (First appearance)
- B'arr (Monk) (First appearance)
- Exalt (Laurent) (First appearance)
- C'hin (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- Casque (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- Feuille (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- Griffe (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- M'stapha (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- S'pyke (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- Touffe (Unnamed) (Only Appearance)
- Mole Man (Harvey Elder)
- Harold (Only Appearance)
- Aunt Petunia (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Counter-Earth (Mentioned)
- Omniverse (Mentioned)
- Atlantis (Mentioned)
- Negative Zone (Mentioned)
- Multiverse (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Vive la Fantastique!"Edit
Miles bellow the surface of the earth, the Mole Man is plotting his takeover of the “surface world” when news comes to him that the Fantastic Four have returned (from the alternate reality created by Franklin Richards). He decides that perhaps he will postpone his plans, but takes time to salute his greatest adversaries.
In Antarctica Ben Grimm finds himself strapped to Reed Richards’ latest invention; the Electromagnetic Meson Velocirator. The large device is designed to travel at great speeds by using the Earth’s magnetic force, but Ben just wants to get things over with so he can get back inside. During the countdown the Human Torch flies by and after teasing Ben he melts the ground bellow him sending the Thing hurtling down a cliff. Unfortunately for Ben the Electromagnetic Meson Velocirator activates and sends Ben flying across the Ice field. As Jonny flies up along side Ben to continue to tease him, Ben grads the Torch and soon the two are inside of a massive snow ball rolling towards the Fantastic Four’s artic base.
At the base Reed is excited by his results and Sue and Franklin watch the snowball continues to careen towards them. Before the massive ball of snow can crush her and her son Sue creates a force field that stops the ball and ejects Ben and Jonny, who are quickly chastised by the Invisible Woman. Naturally Reed is totally oblivious to this, grabbing Franklin he heads inside to review his results, leaving the others behind.
Meanwhile in Paris, France …
- Two cover variations; one is a wraparound cover
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fantastic Four series
- Images from Fantastic Four Vol 3 1
- Fantastic Four #1 (Nov. 1961) "First appearance of the Fantastic Four and the Mole Man"
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|